From: Ian Collins on
gellertkis wrote:
> On Sep 11, 12:52 pm, Francis Glassborow
> <francis.glassbo...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>> m...(a)privacy.net wrote:
>>> Francis Glassborow <francis.glassbo...(a)btinternet.com>
>>> OK
>>> I ordered it!
>> Good luck. Feel free to ask questions about it here as I regularly read
>> this newsgroup.
>
> I got your book. but stopped about a half hour reading when i had
> difficulties
> making work basic "playpen" example with visual studio 2008.
> I havent got a CD with a book. I downloaded the files from your
> website. At my current level ,i cant linking, compiling the whole
> playpen packages.
> I do some trys, but VS2008 gave me a bunch of errors in playpen.h

That isn't very helpful. If you get errors, at least post them so
someone can see what's wrong!

--
Ian Collins
From: osmium on
"Ian Collins" wrote:

> gellertkis wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 12:52 pm, Francis Glassborow
>> <francis.glassbo...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>>> Good luck. Feel free to ask questions about it here as I regularly read
>>> this newsgroup.
>>
>> I got your book. but stopped about a half hour reading when i had
>> difficulties
>> making work basic "playpen" example with visual studio 2008.
>> I havent got a CD with a book. I downloaded the files from your
>> website. At my current level ,i cant linking, compiling the whole
>> playpen packages.
>> I do some trys, but VS2008 gave me a bunch of errors in playpen.h
>
> That isn't very helpful. If you get errors, at least post them so someone
> can see what's wrong!

I don't think that will help, the problems are related to an .h file which
is "part" of the book, IOW, not C or C++.

I think his best approach is to use email to Glassborow. There's a good
chance the address provided in this thread is real.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Bit question
Next: Including data files in a program