From: Pete Puma on
LSMFT wrote:

> Well I found QtDMM, SoundRecEd, FireC, Gmerlin-Recorder,
Istanbul, and
> vdr without looking very hard. These are in the OpenSUSE
repository.

I played with several recorders and KStreamRipper is
exactly what I need for 11.3. Unlike KRecord, which will record one fat
file from internet radio until it runs out of RAM (and subsequently quit
without saving), KSR will save each individual track as a file and use the
metadata as the filename.

Apparently it keeps running until you are out
of disk space. I left it on overnight as the station I like the most plays
great stuff Saturday nights. Returned in the morning to half a gig of
numerically numbered songs. No gaps if played back in order,
too.
Recommended if you are looking for a good radio recorder.

Thanks to
all.

From: LSMFT on
Pete Puma wrote:
> LSMFT wrote:
>
>> Well I found QtDMM, SoundRecEd, FireC, Gmerlin-Recorder,
> Istanbul, and
>> vdr without looking very hard. These are in the OpenSUSE
> repository.
>>

> I played with several recorders and KStreamRipper is
> exactly what I need for 11.3. Unlike KRecord, which will record one fat
> file from internet radio until it runs out of RAM (and subsequently quit
> without saving), KSR will save each individual track as a file and use the
> metadata as the filename.
>
> Apparently it keeps running until you are out
> of disk space. I left it on overnight as the station I like the most plays
> great stuff Saturday nights. Returned in the morning to half a gig of
> numerically numbered songs. No gaps if played back in order,
> too.
> Recommended if you are looking for a good radio recorder.
>
> Thanks to
> all.

You will soon have more music than lifetime left to listen to it.

--
LSMFT

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin--
From: Pete Puma on
houghi wrote:

> houghi wrote:
>> LSMFT wrote:
>>> You will soon have more
music than lifetime left to listen to it.

>> Especially if you write a
script and download several streams at the
>> same time.
>
> OK, here it
is. Took me several weeks to figure it out.

> First go to shoutcast and
look for the station(s) you want to rip.
> Look at the station ID
> Edit
the numbers in the script with yours. Note that some stations
> stream and
have no seperated numbers.

> #!/bin/bash
> for DL in 355006 1277806
1266225 1275158 1276346 427659 245649 1136442 1268742 732925
> do

streamripper http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=$DL
--quiet &
> done
>
> To stop, do a `killall streamripper`
>
> Basically
what you do is"
> streamripper <URL> --quiet &
> for each URL you want and
as mmuch as your connection can handle. I
> would advice agianst listening
to the samples I gave.

> hough

Interesting script. Music bandwidth
doesn't require much, so you could get away with tapping several feeds at
once, I suppose. However...

I'm overwhelmed already with the amount of
data I've mooched.
Grateful for the quality of music on internet radio as
satellite radio is not much more than recycled & crossed over playlists.
Ultimately, this all goes into the car. And it sounds great without
bothering to normalize it.

If it wasn't for the news, I'd cancel my
satellite radio.

From: JT on

For that purpose you could use 'http://www.yourfavoritenewspaper.com/' ?

--