From: Dave Royal on
In 11.3 KDE4 if I poke the curser into the top left hand corner of the
screen I get thumbnails of all the windows and can select one.

I want to take a screenshot of the display in that state; how?

I've tried
sleep 5; import -window root screenshot1.png
but that doesn't work. Not 'root' perhaps - something else?

TIA
Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: Dave Royal on
houghi wrote:

> houghi wrote:
>> Dave Royal wrote:
>>> In 11.3 KDE4 if I poke the curser into the top left hand corner of the
>>> screen I get thumbnails of all the windows and can select one.
>>>
>>> I want to take a screenshot of the display in that state; how?
>>
>> Gimp?

> add `sleep 5;` in front of the CLI options. For the last one you can do
> `convert test.xwd test.png`
>
> houghi
Gimp does it.
File > Create > Screenshot (gimp 2.6)

'import' and 'xwd' show the underlying desktop but without the
thumbnails. xv creates an empty file. ksnapshot doesn't allow me to
exit the window during the delay.

Thanks
Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: mjt on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 05:51:39 -0500
Dave Royal <dave(a)dave123royal.com> wrote:

> In 11.3 KDE4 if I poke the curser into the top left hand corner of the
> screen I get thumbnails of all the windows and can select one.
>
> I want to take a screenshot of the display in that state; how?

Ksnapshot ... press "Print Screen" key.

--
Ducharme's Axiom:
If you view your problem closely enough you will

From: Pete Puma on

wrote:
select one.

state; how?

>>> Gimp?

add `sleep 5;` in front of the CLI options. For the last one you can do

`convert test.xwd test.png`

>> houghi
> Gimp does it.
> File > Create >
Screenshot (gimp 2.6)

> 'import' and 'xwd' show the underlying desktop
but without the
> thumbnails. xv creates an empty file. ksnapshot doesn't
allow me to
> exit the window during the delay.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Hate
to be too obvious, or maybe I don't understand fully, but can't you just
press the "Print Screen" key?

From: Pete Puma on

wrote:
into the top left hand
> corner of the
all the windows and can
> select one.

screenshot of the display in that
> state; how?

Just

> add `sleep 5;` in front of the CLI options. For the last one
you can do

> `convert test.xwd test.png`
>>>
>>> houghi
>> Gimp does
it.
>> File > Create >
> Screenshot (gimp 2.6)
>>
>> 'import' and 'xwd'
show the underlying desktop
> but without the
>> thumbnails. xv creates an
empty file. ksnapshot doesn't
> allow me to
>> exit the window during the
delay.

>> Thanks
>> Dave
>
> Hate
> to be too obvious, or maybe I
don't understand fully, but can't you just
> press the "Print Screen"
key?

This does not work automatically like I sort of remember it did
before. You can go: System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures
....then do a
quick custom key to launch Ksnapshot when the Print Screen is pressed.
Worked for me.