From: mjt on
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:20:58 +0000 (UTC)
J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:
> On Friday, August 6th, 2010 at 04:03:02h -0400, Pete Puma wrote:
>
> -- lots of malformed quoted text --
>
> Have you noticed that whenever you quote somebody when
> replying with Knode, all of the quoted text gets messed up?

And not trimming posts either.

--
No committee could ever come up with anything as revolutionary as a
camel -- anything as practical and as perfectly designed to perform

From: Ulick Magee on
Pete Puma wrote:

> Yup and the features are coming
> and going as we speak. I wish they would settle down and focus a bit more
> on goals. And I read Apple's involved?

Where'd you read that?

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Pete Puma on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 19:32:57 +0100, Ulick Magee wrote:

> Pete Puma wrote:
>>
>> Yup and the features are coming
>> and going as we speak. I wish they would settle down and focus a bit
>> more on goals. And I read Apple's involved?
>
> Where'd you read that?

Sorry about the mess, but Knode is whacking out on me since I installed
11.3 and I simply can't fix it. Tried every option & wrapping configurating
there is and nothing for now. If no one else is having this problem, then I
will last-ditch need to reinstall it.

Re: Apple. I was on the KDE site reading many things and I wished I had
remembered exactly where on the site I found that info. I DO remember that I
re-read that sentence twice and was surprised that Apple was a current
contributor to KDE 4. For me it was disconcerting as I am very Anti-Apple
and their business practices <soapbox off>, but possibly it was only Cups
code that was being worked out. Things do look different visually, however.

If I cross that data again, I'll post it if you're interested.
From: David Bolt on
On Saturday 07 Aug 2010 10:27, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Pete Puma painted this mural:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 19:32:57 +0100, Ulick Magee wrote:
>
>> Pete Puma wrote:
>>>
>>> Yup and the features are coming
>>> and going as we speak. I wish they would settle down and focus a bit
>>> more on goals. And I read Apple's involved?
>>
>> Where'd you read that?
>
> Sorry about the mess, but Knode is whacking out on me since I installed
> 11.3 and I simply can't fix it.

Turn off word wrap and do it manually[0]. I've been doing that ever
since I started using Knode and have no problems with wrapping. It may
take a little extra effort, but I don't want my posts to be ignored
because they are difficult to read and so that effort is worth it.
What would be useful is if Knode was fixed so that word wrapping
didn't affect quoted text, but I'm going to guess that no one has
reported a bug with it and so the developers haven't touched it.

> Tried every option & wrapping configurating
> there is and nothing for now. If no one else is having this problem, then I
> will last-ditch need to reinstall it.

No need to reinstall it, especially since removing it won't remove your
personal settings and so would leave things just as they are now.

[0] Knode settings -> Composer and uncheck "Word wrap at column:"

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: JT on
On 07/08/10 13:18, David Bolt wrote:
> On Saturday 07 Aug 2010 10:27, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> Pete Puma painted this mural:

>>> Where'd you read that?
>>>
>> Sorry about the mess, but Knode is whacking out on me since I installed
>> 11.3 and I simply can't fix it.
>>
> Turn off word wrap and do it manually[0]. I've been doing that ever
> since I started using Knode and have no problems with wrapping. It may
> take a little extra effort, but I don't want my posts to be ignored
> because they are difficult to read and so that effort is worth it.
> What would be useful is if Knode was fixed so that word wrapping
> didn't affect quoted text, but I'm going to guess that no one has
> reported a bug with it and so the developers haven't touched it.
>

>> Tried every option & wrapping configurating
>> there is and nothing for now. If no one else is having this problem, then I
>> will last-ditch need to reinstall it.
>>
> No need to reinstall it, especially since removing it won't remove your
> personal settings and so would leave things just as they are now.
>

> [0] Knode settings -> Composer and uncheck "Word wrap at column:"
>
> Regards,
> David Bolt

subject := 'some views on posting' ?

--