From: Dave Royal on
Pete Puma wrote:

>> Hate
>> to be too obvious, or maybe I
> don't understand fully, but can't you just
>> press the "Print Screen"
> key?
>
> This does not work automatically like I sort of remember it did
> before. You can go: System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures
> ...then do a
> quick custom key to launch Ksnapshot when the Print Screen is pressed.
> Worked for me.

I tried that too. PrtSc isn't configured on this laptop (a ThinkPad).

And, as I said, ksnapshot can't do it. When I set the delay and
push the cursor into the top left it doesn't change to the
'windows thumbnails' display. This may be because ksnapshot puts a
countdown timer up in that corner.

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: JT on
On 04/08/10 08:13, Dave Royal wrote:
> Pete Puma wrote:
>
>>> Hate
>>> to be too obvious, or maybe I
>>>
>> don't understand fully, but can't you just
>>
>>> press the "Print Screen"
>>>
>> key?
>>
>> This does not work automatically like I sort of remember it did
>> before. You can go: System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures
>> ...then do a
>> quick custom key to launch Ksnapshot when the Print Screen is pressed.
>> Worked for me.
>>
> I tried that too. PrtSc isn't configured on this laptop (a ThinkPad).
>
> And, as I said, ksnapshot can't do it. When I set the delay and
> push the cursor into the top left it doesn't change to the
> 'windows thumbnails' display. This may be because ksnapshot puts a
> countdown timer up in that corner.
>
> Dave

Maybe this helps: I just tried your trick with ksnapshot:
- configured 'PrtScn' key to start ksnapshot (works when in 'normal' KDE
mode)
- started ksnapshot that way and entered a delay of 3 seconds
- within that time I pressed ctrl-F10 (which switches to the 'window
overview mode' in my case)
- 'et voila' there was my printscreen, saved it and ready.

So the only diff is that you use the mouse. Therefor I guess you're
right assuming that it's the countdown timer that's messing things up.
Have you tried using a different screencorner?

--
Kind regards, JT

From: Dave Royal on
JT wrote:

>>> don't understand fully, but can't you just

>>> key?
>>>
>>> This does not work automatically like I sort of remember it did
>>> before. You can go: System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures
>>> ...then do a
>>> quick custom key to launch Ksnapshot when the Print Screen is pressed.
>>> Worked for me.
>>>
>> I tried that too. PrtSc isn't configured on this laptop (a ThinkPad).
>>
>> And, as I said, ksnapshot can't do it. When I set the delay and
>> push the cursor into the top left it doesn't change to the
>> 'windows thumbnails' display. This may be because ksnapshot puts a
>> countdown timer up in that corner.
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Maybe this helps: I just tried your trick with ksnapshot:
> - configured 'PrtScn' key to start ksnapshot (works when in 'normal' KDE
> mode)
> - started ksnapshot that way and entered a delay of 3 seconds
> - within that time I pressed ctrl-F10 (which switches to the 'window
> overview mode' in my case)
> - 'et voila' there was my printscreen, saved it and ready.
>
> So the only diff is that you use the mouse. Therefor I guess you're
> right assuming that it's the countdown timer that's messing things up.
> Have you tried using a different screencorner?

Yup - that works. Ctrl-F10 - Thanks.

I'm new to KDE4 - just upgraded from 11.0/KDE3. The first time I got
this windows thumbnail effect I didn't know how I'd done it! I spent
ages looking in KDE documentation to try to find out. Then it happened
again - by acccident - and I figured it out. It's a really good
feature - I use it all the time for switching windows.

I expect there are other features I haven't found yet.

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: Pete Puma on

wrote:

maybe I

does not work automatically like I sort of remember it did
You can go: System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures

>>> I tried that too. PrtSc isn't
configured on this laptop (a ThinkPad).

>>> And, as I said, ksnapshot
can't do it. When I set the delay and
>>> push the cursor into the top
left it doesn't change to the
>>> 'windows thumbnails' display. This may
be because ksnapshot puts a
>>> countdown timer up in that corner.

Dave

>> Maybe this helps: I just tried your trick with
ksnapshot:
>> - configured 'PrtScn' key to start ksnapshot (works when in
'normal' KDE
>> mode)
>> - started ksnapshot that way and entered a delay
of 3 seconds
>> - within that time I pressed ctrl-F10 (which switches to
the 'window
>> overview mode' in my case)
>> - 'et voila' there was my
printscreen, saved it and ready.

>> So the only diff is that you use
the mouse. Therefor I guess you're
>> right assuming that it's the
countdown timer that's messing things up.
>> Have you tried using a
different screencorner?

> Yup - that works. Ctrl-F10 - Thanks.
>
> I'm
new to KDE4 - just upgraded from 11.0/KDE3. The first time I got
> this
windows thumbnail effect I didn't know how I'd done it! I spent
> ages
looking in KDE documentation to try to find out. Then it happened
> again
- by acccident - and I figured it out. It's a really good
> feature - I
use it all the time for switching windows.

> I expect there are other
features I haven't found yet.

> Dave

Yup and the features are coming
and going as we speak. I wish they would settle down and focus a bit more
on goals. And I read Apple's involved? That explains the gray windows and
the black and white icons in place of color.
Hopefully, KDE will be the
monster it should be when the major tweaking is over.

From: J G Miller on
On Friday, August 6th, 2010 at 04:03:02h -0400, Pete Puma wrote:

-- lots of malformed quoted text --

Have you noticed that whenever you quote somebody when
replying with Knode, all of the quoted text gets messed up?

Something to do with "flowed text" being ignored perhaps?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Need a recorder--solved
Next: I GOT $2500 FROM PAYPAL....