From: Pete Puma on
I used to use Krecord in KDE 3.5, but since 4.1, I cannot pipe a sound to
it.
I need to record radio and such from the internet, but regardless what
input I choose, no levels get to Krecord or Audacity.
Probably, I don't
have something installed--maybe a bridge from ALSA to OSS (which is what
Krecord uses, I think) or something along those lines.

Any ideas
appreciated.

From: J G Miller on
On Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 13:31:21h -0400, Pete Puma pondered:

> maybe a bridge from ALSA to OSS (which is what Krecord uses, I think)

I thought KDE 4 used the Phonon library interface for multimedia.

<http://phonon.kde.ORG/>

From what I see krecord not been converted.

You should try using ardour which is a better quality recorder than
krecord.

From: Pete Puma on
J G Miller wrote:

> On Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 13:31:21h -0400, Pete
Puma pondered:

>> maybe a bridge from ALSA to OSS (which is what
Krecord uses, I think)

> I thought KDE 4 used the Phonon library
interface for multimedia.

> <http://phonon.kde.ORG/>
>
> From what
I see krecord not been converted.

> You should try using ardour which
is a better quality recorder than
> krecord.

Appreciate the response,
but I don't have the time to learn this monster.
I would love to press
"record" and grab things from the internet, like the "old" days!

Isn't
there an easier recorder out there? How about a Gnome app?

From: LSMFT on
Pete Puma wrote:
> I used to use Krecord in KDE 3.5, but since 4.1, I cannot pipe a sound to
> it.
> I need to record radio and such from the internet, but regardless what
> input I choose, no levels get to Krecord or Audacity.
> Probably, I don't
> have something installed--maybe a bridge from ALSA to OSS (which is what
> Krecord uses, I think) or something along those lines.
>
> Any ideas
> appreciated.

Well I found QtDMM, SoundRecEd, FireC, Gmerlin-Recorder, Istanbul, and
vdr without looking very hard. These are in the OpenSUSE repository.

--
LSMFT

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin--
From: Pete Puma on
LSMFT wrote:

> Pete Puma wrote:
>> I used to use Krecord in KDE 3.5, but
since 4.1, I cannot pipe a sound to
>> it.
>> I need to record radio and
such from the internet, but regardless what
>> input I choose, no levels
get to Krecord or Audacity.
>> Probably, I don't
>> have something
installed--maybe a bridge from ALSA to OSS (which is what
>> Krecord uses,
I think) or something along those lines.

>> Any ideas

appreciated.

> Well I found QtDMM, SoundRecEd, FireC,
Gmerlin-Recorder, Istanbul, and
> vdr without looking very hard. These are
in the OpenSUSE repository.

Somehow, they eluded me. Anyway, I'll give
them a spin.

Pages: 1
Prev: sudo tail error
Next: network card upgrade