From: Dominica on
I download oracle software from otn.oracle.com

Trying to install 11g 32 bit oracle , I download disk1 and disk2.

My question is ,

now the db_install.rsp is the "new response file" for installing
oracle software??

In the past, I used enterprise.rsp.

Also there is 2 disk2, one is disk1 and one is disk2, now I am confuse
how to tell oracle's response file to look for one after the other
one.

Also, do anyone has one 11g db_install.rsp file (example) that I could
take a look.

thanks,

Dominica
From: Dominica on
On Aug 3, 5:18 pm, Dominica <domin...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I download oracle software from otn.oracle.com
>
> Trying to install 11g 32 bit oracle , I download disk1 and disk2.
>
> My question is ,
>
> now the db_install.rsp is the "new response file" for installing
OK,
I figure out how to deal with disk1 and disk2.
basically,
copy those 2 download disk1 and disk2 in same subdirectory.
and unzip the first disk and then the second disk.

But if anyone has a db_install.rsp file, I still would like to see.
I guess the enterprise.rsp is the "older" version.

Thanks in advance,

Dominica

From: Dominica on
I figure out what is wrong. no need to send me db_install.rsp file.
basically, inside that file , you need to put your oracle support id
(like your own login name)
and then your own oracle support password... .

Look like if people don't have oracle support, can't even install it.
I do have oracle support.

Very interesting.