From: Larry Serflaten on

"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote
> > Off topic: Please check your system time and time zone. It seems to be one
> > hour off.
>
> Interesting. I see nothing wrong here. I am within seconds of www.time.gov
> with the appropeate time zone correctly selected.
>
> posted at 21:10 hours

Which seems to agree with an outside observer:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/msg/a94b31384ee7d61b?hl=en

Shows I posted at 9:10, just as my clock was indicating.

Do you still think its off?

LFS

From: Nobody on
"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote
>> "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote
>
>> Off topic: Please check your system time and time zone. It seems to be
>> one
>> hour off.
>
> Interesting. I see nothing wrong here. I am within seconds of
> www.time.gov
> with the appropeate time zone correctly selected.
>
> posted at 21:10 hours
> LFS

Seen at 22:10 hours ET, but shows 21:10 hours ET. Must be your newsserver.
Your posts seems to go into time warp and appear in the past(they get
inserted in the middle). I am using MS newsserver.

From: Nobody on

> "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote
>> > Off topic: Please check your system time and time zone. It seems to be
>> > one
>> > hour off.
>>
>> Interesting. I see nothing wrong here. I am within seconds of
>> www.time.gov
>> with the appropeate time zone correctly selected.
>>
>> posted at 21:10 hours
>
> Which seems to agree with an outside observer:
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/msg/a94b31384ee7d61b?hl=en
>
> Shows I posted at 9:10, just as my clock was indicating.
>
> Do you still think its off?

I see 9:10 too. I think Google shows ET, but I am not sure. If you look at
that thread, when I said "off topic" you will see the time of that post at
6:03 PM, followed by you at 5:05 PM, which doesn't make sense unless it was
6:05 instead of 5:05.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote

> > Do you still think its off?
>
> I see 9:10 too. I think Google shows ET, but I am not sure. If you look at
> that thread, when I said "off topic" you will see the time of that post at
> 6:03 PM, followed by you at 5:05 PM, which doesn't make sense unless it was
> 6:05 instead of 5:05.

What if you're an hour late? The message I am replying to says it was
posted at 10:55, yet its only 10:49 here....

I'm using OE connected to news.microsoft.com....

Oh well!
LFS

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote

> Seen at 22:10 hours ET, but shows 21:10 hours ET. Must be your newsserver.
> Your posts seems to go into time warp and appear in the past(they get
> inserted in the middle). I am using MS newsserver.

Thanks for noticing that. Apparently my clock was still on Daylight Saving Time.
It took me a while to notice it because that fact isn't listed on the TimeZone
tab of my system clock app. I had the box checked to automaticaly adjust for
daylight savings changes, but evidently it did not make the change this year.
Now that I recall, I had to manually set the clock to get back in sync with other
sources.

Had you not pointed it out, I certainly wouldn't have noticed.
Thanks!
LFS