From: J G Miller on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700, Todd wrote:

> My customer's a willing to pay a bit more for quality.

So why not build it yourself for him?

Alternatively there are plenty of sites on the web for quality
made to order PCs where you can select case, select motherboard,
select processor, select disks etc and they will built it for you.

This disadvantage of this is that they tend to use slightly older
or lower performance generic components.
From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700

[snipped]

http://www.microway.com/reasons.html

--
Valerie: Aww, Tom, you're going maudlin on me ...
Tom: I reserve the right to wax maudlin as I wane eloquent ...

From: The Natural Philosopher on
J G Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700, Todd wrote:
>
>> My customer's a willing to pay a bit more for quality.
>
> So why not build it yourself for him?
>
> Alternatively there are plenty of sites on the web for quality
> made to order PCs where you can select case, select motherboard,
> select processor, select disks etc and they will built it for you.
>
> This disadvantage of this is that they tend to use slightly older
> or lower performance generic components.

I reckon thats an advantage. Especially for Linux.
From: Todd on
On 06/29/2010 10:17 AM, J G Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700, Todd wrote:
>
>> My customer's a willing to pay a bit more for quality.
>
> So why not build it yourself for him?

I make custom computer. And they are really, really
well done. Two draw backs to the customer. I am
about $200 more expensive, as I *will not* use garbage.
And I have to build them between customers calls,
which means three to four weeks lead time after I
get a check.

So if they want them cheap and fast, ...

-T
From: Todd on
On 06/29/2010 10:26 AM, mjt wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700
> Todd<todd(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
> [snipped]
>> My customer's a willing to pay a bit more for quality.
>> Anyone know of a prebuild line like Dell that
>> have not gone to hell?
>
> http://www.microway.com/reasons.html

Thank you!
 |  Next  |  Last