From: Barry on
I need to use a query that will show me in the address field all those
records where the address is longer than 35 characters. I want to be able to
shorten those to fit in a specific label. I can then use this syntax to also
abbreviate city names that are too long for the label
--
Barry
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:55:01 -0800, Barry <barry(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I need to use a query that will show me in the address field all those
>records where the address is longer than 35 characters. I want to be able to
>shorten those to fit in a specific label. I can then use this syntax to also
>abbreviate city names that are too long for the label

Create a query based on the table with a calculated field

AddrLen: Len([address])

Put a criterion of

>35

on this field to find all the verbose addresses.

Abbreviating the city might not be all that easy, unless you were to have a
table of city names and acceptable abbreviations; you may want to do these
manually if there aren't too many.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]