From: Logan Burt on
A colleague removed a windows 2003 Server from the Domain with the intent of
rejoining it to the Domain to try to correct an Event ID 5719 NETLOGON error.
Once the server was removed from the Domain, he found that our standard
local admin userID and password did not work.

Is there ANY way to get into the server or to recover the local admin
password so that we can get into this server? This server is running as a
VMware virtual machine.

Thank you.
From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Logan,

The official statement from Microsoft is you have to reinstall.

But check out and you find a lot options:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reset+administrator+password+windows+server+2003

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Paco on
I have used Cia Commander on a old Windows 2000 server to reset the local
admin password.

Other than that there is a lot of different tools out there that does
exactly what you ask for.

NTPaswd that you can boot from an usb might help also.
You can find it at http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/