From: -jg on
On Apr 24, 11:08 am, An Schwob in the USA <schwo...(a)aol.com> wrote:

> So, as pointed out, the lowest cost and by far fastest option is to
> find a broker.
> Hint: you can use the 80C517 as well because it is drop in compatible.
> The EA pin will always be connected for start from external memory
> when using a 80C537, so the 80C517 behaves EXACTLY like a 80C537 as
> long as the EA pin is not connected to the start from internal ROM
> option.

Yes, the 80C517/80C517A may give him enough parts, to
not need much Sw effort at all...

-jg
From: mac on
> > I need to run an old firmware for a Siemens SAB 80C537
> > microcontroller unit
> > (MCU). The MCU is now obsolete (it's from the late 1980s).
> >
> > The firmware is compiled from several thousand rows of assembly
> > language. It
> > would take a long time to understand the code and re-program it in
> > C.

Consider emulating the 8051 in software rather than fpga firmware. While
it won't be as fun, it'll be easier to debug and maintain.
I expect there open sources for both kinds of emulation. The hard part
will be the peripherals. Hope you hava a data book.

--
mac the naïf