From: Arthur Entlich on
I don't use Canon printers, but as a general rule, the ink usage is
about like this (based upon how the driver is set up, because the paper
doesn't directly determine the amount of ink used, but the setting the
driver is set for does.

Most ink: coated clay coated matte paper

: Swellable polymer glossy or satin papers

: Plain bond paper

: Coated glossy or satin (RC) type papers

Least ink: plastic backed films or transparency films

However Canon drivers may use somewhat differing ratios.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/