From: Peter Jason on
We have WinXP SP3

We have just installed a new Samsung printer/fax/scanner
unit CLX6210FX on the computer via a network cable.

Our other printer is a SharpAR5316 copier/printer connected
via a USB cable.

When we have it all connected up, the Sharp AR5316 keeps
giving a constant off/on signal to the computer, and its
small icon flashes on & off in the Settings/Printers and
Faxes menu. Additionally the Sharp AR5316 will not work.

Please help,
We have loaded the latest drivers to each printer.

From: Peter Jason on

"Peter Jason" <pj(a)jostle.com> wrote in message
> We have WinXP SP3
>
> We have just installed a new Samsung printer/fax/scanner
> unit CLX6210FX on the computer via a network cable.
>
> Our other printer is a SharpAR5316 copier/printer
> connected
> via a USB cable.
>
> When we have it all connected up, the Sharp AR5316 keeps
> giving a constant off/on signal to the computer, and its
> small icon flashes on & off in the Settings/Printers and
> Faxes menu. Additionally the Sharp AR5316 will not work.
>
> Please help,
> We have loaded the latest drivers to each printer.

We fixed it by not using the USB connection to the Sharp
AR5316, but using it's parallel port instead.

Even then we had to follow the installation instructions to
the letter, and this involved turning the computer and Sharp
on & off at varying times during the installation.

Seems to be working now.