From: catts22 on
Hi

The result of a formula gives me ##### for a negative number. Is there a
way to get the actual negative number (i.e. for example -9 instead of ###)?

Alternatively maybe show a 0 (zero)? Sending a report to my boss with ####
doesn't look so great. Maybe a minimum number formula?

Thanks
From: Mike H on
Post the formula and a description of the data the formula is manipulatiing
--
Mike

question.

From: Otto Moehrbach on
Try increasing the width of the column. HTH Otto

From: Dave Peterson on
Try formatting the cell as General -- or reduce the font size.

And make sure the cell is not formatted as a date or time.

--

Dave Peterson
From: CellShocked on

Column width or font size. Period.

You can also then format the cell to show specifically as whole numbers
only, or define the number of digits after the decimal place you wish to
show.

Adjust the WYSIWYG stuff like font choices and sizes, etc. after you
perfect the functional accuracy of the sheet. The printed 'report'
should be toward the end of development cycles.

Always drag the column wider when you confront this 'problem', then
think about what 'needs' to be done to 'solve' it on a finalized sheet.

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 08:50:49 -0600, Dave Peterson
<petersod(a)verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>Try formatting the cell as General -- or reduce the font size.
>
>And make sure the cell is not formatted as a date or time.
>
>catts22 wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> The result of a formula gives me ##### for a negative number. Is there a
>> way to get the actual negative number (i.e. for example -9 instead of ###)?
>>
>> Alternatively maybe show a 0 (zero)? Sending a report to my boss with ####
>> doesn't look so great. Maybe a minimum number formula?
>>
>> Thanks
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: protection indicator