From: Clubber2010 on
Hi, i am trying to do something on excel, but cannot for the life of me
figure what formula i should write..

This may help if i explain first -

I have a column with a number in it (the answer)...
I have a column with the fraction 1/20 in it..
Then i want a column that will multiply these 2 columns together

If the answer is 0, it goes down as <20
If the answer is 1, it goes down as 20
If the answer is 2, it goes down as 40 etc

(like it is set out below)...

(0) * (1/20) = (<20)
(1) * (1/20) = (20)
(2) * (1/20) = (40)

This is probably so simple, but I cannot think at all..
In the last column all i keep getting is #NA rather than what i have above!
From: Fred Smith on
It looks to me that what you are doing is *dividing* by the fraction. If a1
is your answer, and b1 is the fraction, try:
=a1/b1

If that's correct, the only issue is what you want when the answer is zero,
so try:
=if(a1=0,"<20",a1/b1)

Regards,
Fred