From: Gas Bag on
I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
Pack 3) system.
I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive. For some reason,
Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all. When I select "Choose
Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
CD-RW Drive. As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
only burn images to the Hard Drive. But I do know the CD-RW burner is
working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive. I'm sure that many
other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.

I was hoping someone could offer me some help here? Thanks.
From: LD55ZRA on
Have you tried updating Nero 5 with updates from Nero's website?
I have got a CD that contains two update files for Nero5. Please
try Nero's website or google for: Nero551056.exe and
n551056eng.exe and it might just do the trick.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
From: T Shadow on
"Gas Bag" <shazlikd(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
> Pack 3) system.
> I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive. For some reason,
> Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all. When I select "Choose
> Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
> CD-RW Drive. As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
> only burn images to the Hard Drive. But I do know the CD-RW burner is
> working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
> It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive. I'm sure that many
> other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.
>
> I was hoping someone could offer me some help here? Thanks.

If it's an OEM version of Nero and didn't come with the drive that's
probably your problem. I got the retail vesion of 6 for cheap several years
ago so never had to figure out how the "adding keys" work.

From: dadiOH on
Gas Bag wrote:
> I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service
> Pack 3) system.
> I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive. For some reason,
> Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all. When I select "Choose
> Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the
> CD-RW Drive. As a result, I cannot burn any CDs using Nero, it will
> only burn images to the Hard Drive. But I do know the CD-RW burner is
> working, because I can burn music files using Windows Media Player.
> It's just that Nero won't detect the CD-RW drive. I'm sure that many
> other people would've encountered the same/similar problems.
>
> I was hoping someone could offer me some help here? Thanks.

Dump Nero and get a burning program that works and is less humongous.
Suggestions...
InfraRecorder
CDBurnerXP
DeepBurner