From: Ritter197 on
I have an HP p6140f+, Pavilion Q8200 Intel CPU desktop. Windows 7, 8 GB of
RAM.
After I have defragged the C drive perfectly, deleted all cookies,
significantly reduced Restore points, have no applications loaded other than
ESET NOD32 AV, Graphic PCI Express 9400 GT, and running Passmark Performance
Test, version 7, after the many tests are done this new desktop gets an
overall score of 691.

When I get the worldwide database for the same CPU Q8200 and the same
Graphics card and the same (or less RAM I find overall scores of 1220, 1144,
1191, 1292 and higher.

Talking to HP is useless.

Any ideas?

From: DL on
Isn't this a Q for a Win 7 group and not a win Xp one?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/threads

From: Paul on
Ritter197 wrote:

> I have an HP p6140f+, Pavilion Q8200 Intel CPU desktop. Windows 7, 8 GB
> of RAM.
> After I have defragged the C drive perfectly, deleted all cookies,
> significantly reduced Restore points, have no applications loaded other
> than ESET NOD32 AV, Graphic PCI Express 9400 GT, and running Passmark
> Performance Test, version 7, after the many tests are done this new
> desktop gets an overall score of 691.
>
> When I get the worldwide database for the same CPU Q8200 and the same
> Graphics card and the same (or less RAM I find overall scores of 1220,
> 1144, 1191, 1292 and higher.
>
> Talking to HP is useless.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you disable ESET NOD32 AV, before starting a benchmark run ?

It is possible, an AV would be scanning any files which are being
read by the benchmark. With the AV disabled, perhaps disk access
will be faster.

Since the Passmark suite tests multiple aspects of the computer, you
should be comparing the individual test results, and determining
which test result most negatively affects your score.

Paul
From: Ritter197 on
Never heard of 2 different Intel CPU's.
It is a Intel Q8200 that came with the HP desktop, for sure. And with
Windows 7.

From: Ritter197 on
It is the CPU, it test the lowest and brings the overall test results down
to its lowest level.