From: Tom C on
I have been having a lot of problems getting this damned thing to work.
First it was on Windows XP Pro and was working fine for a while. There was
some problem or other and a setting was changed. Don know which setting it
was though. The wireless card showed as being connected but the system
could not connect to the Internet. I then decided to upgrade the system
to Windows 7. Windows would not install properly because I at first told
the install to connect to the Internet for upgrades, but after that failure,
I tried again without connecting to the Internet and the install worked
fine. There is still no connection to the Internet so I tried installing
the driver again and let Windows attempt to configure the card. Windows
could not find the driver, even from the CD. So I went to the Netgear site
and downloaded the driver and completely removed all previous driver for the
card and reinstalled from the download. Still nothing. I can't seem to
find another brand of card at the local Fry's or Best Buy either. So here
goes. Can SOMEBODY please help me get this thing to work? It's either that
or I shoot the computer to put it out of my misery.

From: Barb Bowman on
you might try stating the model and hardware rev of the Netgear card you are
having trouble with.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:19:38 -0800, "Tom C" <bettablue(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have been having a lot of problems getting this damned thing to work.
>First it was on Windows XP Pro and was working fine for a while. There was
>some problem or other and a setting was changed. Don know which setting it
>was though. The wireless card showed as being connected but the system
>could not connect to the Internet. I then decided to upgrade the system
>to Windows 7. Windows would not install properly because I at first told
>the install to connect to the Internet for upgrades, but after that failure,
>I tried again without connecting to the Internet and the install worked
>fine. There is still no connection to the Internet so I tried installing
>the driver again and let Windows attempt to configure the card. Windows
>could not find the driver, even from the CD. So I went to the Netgear site
>and downloaded the driver and completely removed all previous driver for the
>card and reinstalled from the download. Still nothing. I can't seem to
>find another brand of card at the local Fry's or Best Buy either. So here
>goes. Can SOMEBODY please help me get this thing to work? It's either that
>or I shoot the computer to put it out of my misery.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
From: Bob on
On 31/01/2010 01:19, Tom C wrote:
> I have been having a lot of problems getting this damned thing to work.
> First it was on Windows XP Pro and was working fine for a while. There
> was some problem or other and a setting was changed. Don know which
> setting it was though. The wireless card showed as being connected but
> the system could not connect to the Internet. I then decided to upgrade
> the system to Windows 7. Windows would not install properly because I at
> first told the install to connect to the Internet for upgrades, but
> after that failure, I tried again without connecting to the Internet and
> the install worked fine. There is still no connection to the Internet so
> I tried installing the driver again and let Windows attempt to configure
> the card. Windows could not find the driver, even from the CD. So I went
> to the Netgear site and downloaded the driver and completely removed all
> previous driver for the card and reinstalled from the download. Still
> nothing. I can't seem to find another brand of card at the local Fry's
> or Best Buy either. So here goes. Can SOMEBODY please help me get this
> thing to work? It's either that or I shoot the computer to put it out of
> my misery.
Did you check the Netgear site to see if the adapter had a supported
win7 driver?
Bottom of page:-
<http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11127>
note that Netgear does not support the inbuilt win7 drivers.
<http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12286/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL1dnbGRzbVRq>

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Did you check the Device Manger to make sure that there is No "Ghost"
installation that need to be deleted.
This is for Win XP, however the principles are the same for Win 7 (menu look
differently).
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Otherwise Wireless card are Not expensive this is an example for excellent
card with all drivers thta you ever need.
Edimax - PCI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315041
Driver/Utility for Windows 98SE/Me/2K/XP/XP 64/Vista/Vista 64/Win7/Win7x64
http://www.edimax.us/html/english/frames/b-download.htm
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
..