From: CD on
My XP machine has suddenly stopped working. It starts up OK until it reaches
the desktop and then freezes.

If I press ctrl+alt+ del I see "Netropa hot key Running." The mouse has
locked up. The only way I can do anything is to use Alt + U to close the PC
down.

How do I remove this software from a locked up machine?

Thank you,

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"CD" <CD(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My XP machine has suddenly stopped working. It starts up OK until it
> reaches
> the desktop and then freezes.
>
> If I press ctrl+alt+ del I see "Netropa hot key Running." The mouse
> has
> locked up. The only way I can do anything is to use Alt + U to close the
> PC
> down.
>
> How do I remove this software from a locked up machine?
>
> Thank you,

You could try rebooting in Safe Mode, then uninstall the software (if it is
installed software rather than malware or a virus).