From: John on
Hi

Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and then
to remove them?

Thanks

Regards

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"John" <info(a)nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and
> then to remove them?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

Google is your friend. Type the following words into a Google search box,
then take your pick:

Windows duplicate file finder

From: John on
did before coming here...there are a number of them..can't figure which one
has the features I need..even installed and tried some as well..thought
someone may have a recommendation

regards

From: John John - MVP on
I think that this is one of the best, it does it well and it's very fast!

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Duplicate-File-Finder.shtml
Duplicate File Finder 1.1.0.3

Please do not remove duplicate Windows files! Duplicate system files
are normal and the duplicates are necessary for the good functioning of
your Windows installation!

John

From: sgopus on
Duplicate files are not compared as to content, they are compared to with
file name. It would be way IBM too complicated to compare the content to find
duplicate files.