From: Yousuf Khan on
When I'm clicking on links from webpages that startup other
applications, it seems like there is a long 5 or 10 second delay before
the application starts up. Before it used to start within 1 or 2
seconds. I notice that the hard drive is flickering wildly during this
time now.

I assume this has something to do with Windows' DDE service. I read
about a tool called DDESpy available with certain programming tool which
might let me track this down, but I don't know where to find it.

Yousuf Khan
From: Leonard Grey on
So I guess your next step is a web search.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Yousuf Khan on
Leonard Grey wrote:
> So I guess your next step is a web search.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> When I'm clicking on links from webpages that startup other
>> applications, it seems like there is a long 5 or 10 second delay
>> before the application starts up. Before it used to start within 1 or
>> 2 seconds. I notice that the hard drive is flickering wildly during
>> this time now.
>>
>> I assume this has something to do with Windows' DDE service. I read
>> about a tool called DDESpy available with certain programming tool
>> which might let me track this down, but I don't know where to find it.
>>
>> Yousuf Khan

Well, why do you think I'm asking here? I've already done the search and
it's not available easily.

Yousuf Khan
From: almostbob on
--
_ _
"Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Leonard Grey wrote:
>> So I guess your next step is a web search.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Yousuf Khan wrote:
>>> When I'm clicking on links from webpages that startup other
>>> applications, it seems like there is a long 5 or 10 second delay before
>>> the application starts up. Before it used to start within 1 or 2
>>> seconds. I notice that the hard drive is flickering wildly during this
>>> time now.
>>>
>>> I assume this has something to do with Windows' DDE service. I read
>>> about a tool called DDESpy available with certain programming tool which
>>> might let me track this down, but I don't know where to find it.
>>>
>>> Yousuf Khan
>
> Well, why do you think I'm asking here? I've already done the search and
> it's not available easily.
>
> Yousuf Khan

well thats not going to get you help
only smart A__ posts like this one

:)

without being the total smart A__
DDE Spy is in MS Visual C, C++
the express editions are free to download at
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/

From: Leonard Grey on
So if Google can't find it (let's say)...did you hope I would email an
installer to you? Or did you want me to search the web to see if I could
find it?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est