From: db on
perhaps it is your antivirals
that is causing the short delay.

you can boot up in safe mode
w/networking and test your
browser in that enviroment.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- @Hotmail.com
- nntp Postologist
~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: YKhan on
On Nov 25, 10:03 am, "db" <database...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> perhaps it is your antivirals
> that is causing the short delay.
>
> you can boot up in safe mode
> w/networking and test your
> browser in that enviroment.

Yes, that's entirely possible, but I was hoping to avoid guesswork and
use this utility to pinpoint which app was getting me stuck. Anti-
virals were one of the things I suspect, but that would only be a
guess on my part.

Yousuf Khan
From: Ol�rin on
"YKhan" <yjkhan(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 25, 10:03 am, "db" <database...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> perhaps it is your antivirals
> that is causing the short delay.
>
> you can boot up in safe mode
> w/networking and test your
> browser in that enviroment.

Yes, that's entirely possible, but I was hoping to avoid guesswork and
use this utility to pinpoint which app was getting me stuck. Anti-
virals were one of the things I suspect, but that would only be a
guess on my part.

Yousuf Khan

Well, you could have found out for sure by now by trying just that,
especially as you already suspected it. An informed stab at the cause
followed by testing is a bit more scientific than just dismissing it as
"guesswork". Besides, almostbob gave you a place to get hold of DDESpy two
days before your above post, which you haven't even acknowledged.

Also looking forward to your answer to Leonard Grey's second post here.
Especially as you haven't *actually* asked a question yet. (Apart from that
"Well, why do you think I'm asking here?".)

"...it seems like there is a long 5 or 10 second delay ...Before it used to
start within 1 or 2 seconds." What changes have been made to the system
since "before"?