From: Mark A. Sam on
Hello,

The client has an HP 3525 printer connected to an HP workstation and an
identical printer on the network. This is Windows Business 2003 server.

Prior to installing the HP workstation 2 weeks ago, whenever the previous
workstation was shutdown, the other workstations could not print to the
network printer. It seems this characteristic carried over to the new
workstation. I wasn't aware of this until this morning when two users
couldn't print to the network printer. From the workstation with the local
printer I logged onto the main server via remote desktop and immediately the
network printer printed all that was in the queue. Later I left with the
workstation still loggon onto the server and again they couldn't print, so
one user logged off the remote desktop session and the network printer
printer again.

If this sound incomprehensible, it is. There is no reasoning for this.
If you need a better explanation, I'll try to provide it.

Thank you and
God Bless (for believers), and
Best regards (for unbelievers)

Mark A. Sam

From: Mark A. Sam on
I resolved this.

From: Grant Taylor on
Mark A. Sam wrote:
> I resolved this.

Care to share what the resolution was?

Grant. . . .
From: Mark A. Sam on
There was a duplicate network driver for the printer, on the server. I
remove it and some outdated driver references.