From: E/B on
Club newsletter sent as .pdf file ("Tattler 1-12-10") now will not open.
Click on file link receives "filelib_download.asp" instead of .pdf.
Attempted to relate the .asp to be opened by AdobeRdr without success.
Non-tech type would again like to read the weekly newsletter.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
How does your question pertain to Internet Explorer?

From: E/B on
Sorry
The email was sent to my Yahoo mail which is found in my IE6 browser so
thought that was appropriate.
Just trying to find out why the attachment is showing .asp vice .PDF
which it has been in the past.
Glad to sent the problem to another newsgroup if you will point me.
Thanks

:

From: E/B on
Added research has revealed the following:
Original email forwarded to a Yahoo account in Firefox functions
correctly. The .pdf file extension is reflected when internal email link
"Tattler: 1 -12 - 10" is clicked and the Tattler newsletter opens.

"E/B" <embillma(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
: Sorry
: The email was sent to my Yahoo mail which is found in my IE6 browser
so
: thought that was appropriate.
: Just trying to find out why the attachment is showing .asp vice .PDF
: which it has been in the past.
: Glad to sent the problem to another newsgroup if you will point me.
: Thanks
:
: "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
: news:OKsZ0%23tlKHA.2780(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
:: How does your question pertain to Internet Explorer?
::

From: E/B on
More experimenting without plan finally yielded Tattler file opening.
Have no idea why it opened, but I:
- clicked on "Tattler: 1 12 10" link in original email which
produced the small window with File Download "filelib_download.asp";
Open or Save; clicked Open.
- Scanning Completed window immediately covered by Open
File...Security Warning; clicked Open
- Popup blocker blocked 'something'; turned Blocker off.
- Again clicked on Open in the "filelib......." and received another
"Open File... Security Warning" still showing .asp.
- Clicked on the Open button and the .pdf Tattler file opened for
reading.
Knowing 'why' would be great; how to have the .pdf file open on original
email instead of being shown as .asp would be better. My result was from
'pushing keys'.

[...]
:::