From: Fabien Voland on
Hi,

I installed a new system with motherboard
Asus P6T.

But when I turn on the PC, all the fans run, HD start, but nothing
on the screen and no beep, no keyboard, nothing else.

I have a 525W PSU.

In the doc, it recommends a 600W PSU.

The problem then would it ?

Fabien
From: Ghostrider on
On 8/12/2010 9:48 AM, Fabien Voland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed a new system with motherboard
> Asus P6T.
>
> But when I turn on the PC, all the fans run, HD start, but nothing
> on the screen and no beep, no keyboard, nothing else.
>
> I have a 525W PSU.
>
> In the doc, it recommends a 600W PSU.
>
> The problem then would it ?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> Fabien

Good thought. And just how good is this 525W PSU, meaning
just how was it rated, i.e., max power, continuous power,
etc.? If this PSU is a "typical", plain one, not only is
it underpowered by Asus's recomendation, the PSU might not
be suitable for a high-end motherboard based on the Intel
X58 chipset, i7 (LGA1366) CPU and triple-channel DDR3 RAM.

Second thought. How good is the RAM and how much installed?
From: daytripper on
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:48:58 +0200, Fabien Voland <fvoland(a)technomod.ch>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I installed a new system with motherboard
>Asus P6T.
>
>But when I turn on the PC, all the fans run, HD start, but nothing
>on the screen and no beep, no keyboard, nothing else.
>
>I have a 525W PSU.
>
>In the doc, it recommends a 600W PSU.
>
>The problem then would it ?
>
>Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
>Fabien

It's improbable that you could come up with a truly functional system
configuration based on that motherboard that will run reliably - if at all -
with a "525W" power supply - whether that's peak @25C or continuous @80C.
Still, that may *not* be the source of the problem you're seeing right now.

In the same situation, I'd remove all but the absolute minimum hardware needed
to get to the bios utility. Processor with cooler, a single dimm (in the right
slot!), no option cards save for a single graphics card, and no drives of any
kind (mag, optical, ssd - whatever, disconnect them all).

If you still can't get to the bios herald, it *may* still be a power capacity
problem, but it might be the motherboard mounting (for instance) or something
else (memory in wrong slot, processor improperly installed in its socket,
graphics card not seated properly - or something is outright defective).

Good luck...

/daytripper
From: Fabien Voland on

On 08/12/2010 09:44 PM, Ghostrider <00> wrote:
> On 8/12/2010 9:48 AM, Fabien Voland wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed a new system with motherboard
>> Asus P6T.
>>
>> But when I turn on the PC, all the fans run, HD start, but nothing
>> on the screen and no beep, no keyboard, nothing else.
>>
>> I have a 525W PSU.
>>
>> In the doc, it recommends a 600W PSU.
>>
>> The problem then would it ?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>>
>> Fabien
>

> Good thought. And just how good is this 525W PSU, meaning
> just how was it rated, i.e., max power, continuous power,
> etc.? If this PSU is a "typical", plain one, not only is
> it underpowered by Asus's recomendation, the PSU might not
> be suitable for a high-end motherboard based on the Intel
> X58 chipset, i7 (LGA1366) CPU and triple-channel DDR3 RAM.
>
> Second thought. How good is the RAM and how much installed?
Hi,

3 x 2048. 6 GB. Kingston HyperX.

Fabien
From: Fabien Voland on

On 08/12/2010 09:58 PM, daytripper wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:48:58 +0200, Fabien Voland<fvoland(a)technomod.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed a new system with motherboard
>> Asus P6T.
>>
>> But when I turn on the PC, all the fans run, HD start, but nothing
>> on the screen and no beep, no keyboard, nothing else.
>>
>> I have a 525W PSU.
>>
>> In the doc, it recommends a 600W PSU.
>>
>> The problem then would it ?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>>
>> Fabien
>
> It's improbable that you could come up with a truly functional system
> configuration based on that motherboard that will run reliably - if at all -
> with a "525W" power supply - whether that's peak @25C or continuous @80C.
> Still, that may *not* be the source of the problem you're seeing right now.
>
> In the same situation, I'd remove all but the absolute minimum hardware needed
> to get to the bios utility. Processor with cooler, a single dimm (in the right
> slot!), no option cards save for a single graphics card, and no drives of any
> kind (mag, optical, ssd - whatever, disconnect them all).
>
> If you still can't get to the bios herald, it *may* still be a power capacity
> problem, but it might be the motherboard mounting (for instance) or something
> else (memory in wrong slot, processor improperly installed in its socket,
> graphics card not seated properly - or something is outright defective).
>
> Good luck...
>
> /daytripper

Hi,

I disconnect the maximum but the problem is
always here.

And I verify all connection and it's all ok.

Fabien