From: Vito on
In 2007:

In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next
record when clicked. When I click it, I get this:

The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced
the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK.

Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made
a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work.

Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button.

Thanks in advance,
Vito
From: fredg on
On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote:

> In 2007:
>
> In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next
> record when clicked. When I click it, I get this:
>
> The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced
> the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK.
>
> Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made
> a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work.
>
> Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vito

You can have only one Private Sub Print_Click() event code.

I would suspect that at one point you might have had a button named
Print, with a click event procedure, and then deleted that button...
without manually deleting it's Click event code.
Then you added another button, also named Print and VBA detects that
there are 2 Print_Click code events on that form's module.
Delete the previous code.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Victor on
Thank you...
It seems to work, so far.

Vito

fredg <fgutkind(a)example.invalid> wrote in

From: Victor on
It seems cleaning up a few left over prt_click()s solved all my
problems. Thanks for the direction to look into.

Vito/Victor

Victor <not(a)home.com> wrote in news:Xns9D78BA38ACF77downhomecom@
216.151.153.165: