From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
Just in at arXiv.org is the Mainz Group's latest measurements for
electron-proton scattering results.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1007/1007.5076v1.pdf

Of considerable interest with respect to Discrete Scale Relativity is
their measurement for the magnetic radius of the proton.

They get R(M) = 0.777 fm.

Discrete Scale Relativity regards the proton as a Kerr-Newman black
hole. Taking a Kerr solution as a quick check of relevant radii,
there are two main radii for a Kerr black hole.

(1) There is the inner horizon radius (Wikipedia has a nice summary of
the physics/math). Using DSR one calculates R(H) = 0.7714 fm.

(2) There is also the static limit or outer radius of the ergosphere.
Using DSR one calculates R(E) = 0.8144 fm.

Bottom Line: It is most interesting that the Mainz Group should get a
R(M) value that agrees very well with the Discrete Scale Relativity
prediction for the proton's inner R(H) at ~ 0.77 fm.

All eyes are now on how the recent proton charge radius R(C) anomaly
will play out. Maybe the proton has much to teach us that we never
even suspected before. And just when you thought physics was a done
deal.

RLO
www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw
From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 30, 5:38 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw"

Just noticed something that may be of interest.

Proton magnetic radius R(M) = 0.777 fm [new Mainz data]

Proton charge radius R(E) = 0.842 fm [new high precis. h-u data]

Discrete Scale Relativity's inner proton horizon = 0.7714 fm.

Discrete Scale Relativity's outer static limit radius = 0.814 fm.

(R(E) + R(M))/2 = (0.78 + 0.84)/2 = 0.81 fm = DSR's R(outer).

[1] Makes me think the QCD/QED prediction for R(E)= 0.88 fm suffers
from a systematic error, and is probably due to overly idealistic
modeling of the electron in the elastic scattering.

[2] The promising DSR results came from 1 person and a few rounds with
a hand calculator. One wonders what could be achieved if 100
physicists thoroughly explored the concept of modeling particles as
Kerr-Newman ultracompacts, using the scaling rules of DSR.

From: eric gisse on
Robert L. Oldershaw wrote:

> Just in at arXiv.org is the Mainz Group's latest measurements for
> electron-proton scattering results.
>
> http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1007/1007.5076v1.pdf
>
> Of considerable interest with respect to Discrete Scale Relativity is
> their measurement for the magnetic radius of the proton.
>
> They get R(M) = 0.777 fm.
>
> Discrete Scale Relativity regards the proton as a Kerr-Newman black
> hole. Taking a Kerr solution as a quick check of relevant radii,
> there are two main radii for a Kerr black hole.
>
> (1) There is the inner horizon radius (Wikipedia has a nice summary of
> the physics/math). Using DSR one calculates R(H) = 0.7714 fm.

GR does not describe subatomic particles. Try again.

[...]
From: eric gisse on
Robert L. Oldershaw wrote:
[...]

> [2] The promising DSR results came from 1 person and a few rounds with
> a hand calculator. One wonders what could be achieved if 100
> physicists thoroughly explored the concept of modeling particles as
> Kerr-Newman ultracompacts, using the scaling rules of DSR.

The idea has been repeatedly explored, and rejected. Your idiotic additions
change nothing.

From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Aug 1, 4:33 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> GR does not describe subatomic particles. Try again.

Actually, Albert Einstein, who created General Relativity had very
serious scientific expectations that GR would eventually be the
starting foundation for a unified physics that would be compatible
with Quantum Mechanics, and would describe subatomic particles and
their behavior.

This is what Discrete Scale Relativity attempts to do.

Sorry if that upsets you, Woofy.