From: k5map on
I am about to take "the plunge" and convert from MSMoney to Quicken
Home & Business... after reading several posts and information from
Intuit, I have a couple of questions for the other MSMoney->Quicken
users...

1) When you ran Quicken for the first time, did you select "I am a
Microsoft Money user" and convert via that process OR did you start
from scratch, create a empty file and import your MNY file?

2) If you had to do it again, would you convert the same way?

Regards,
Mike
From: name on
> I am about to take "the plunge" and convert from MSMoney to Quicken
> Home & Business... after reading several posts and information from
> Intuit, I have a couple of questions for the other MSMoney->Quicken
> users...
>
> 1) When you ran Quicken for the first time, did you select "I am a
> Microsoft Money user" and convert via that process OR did you start
> from scratch, create a empty file and import your MNY file?
>
> 2) If you had to do it again, would you convert the same way?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

I think it really depends on how much junk you have in your old file. I
did the migration route, then cleaned out mightily, deleting everything in
each account, and reduced the accounts to what was actually still functional.
Never did de-install money, so I can always go back to those data, but I
wanted Quicken to be as clean as possible.

From: Laura on
k5map wrote:
> I am about to take "the plunge" and convert from MSMoney to Quicken
> Home & Business... after reading several posts and information from
> Intuit, I have a couple of questions for the other MSMoney->Quicken
> users...
>
> 1) When you ran Quicken for the first time, did you select "I am a
> Microsoft Money user" and convert via that process OR did you start
> from scratch, create a empty file and import your MNY file?
>
> 2) If you had to do it again, would you convert the same way?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

I had to convert a client's MS money file to Quicken last year. I just
followed the instructions here:
http://financialsoft.about.com/od/quickenforbeginners/ss/Money2Quicken.htm