From: TomYoung on
Hi all:

Several years ago my wife and I moved the majority of our various
accounts to Schwab. We each established different User ID's and
Passwords. Entering her User ID/Password at the Schwab web site
brings up our joint accounts and her separate retirement accounts.
Entering my User ID/Password at the Schwab site brings up our joint
accounts, my retirement account and another account where I'm the
trustee.

Some time ago I set up a couple of my wife's retirement accounts for
OSU and today I thought I'd try to finish the job and set up *all* our
Schwab accounts for OSU. I finished off my wife's retirement accounts
and then moved on to our joint accounts and my retirement account,
figuring I'd use my User ID/Password on those accounts. Only I can't
establish OSU for these accounts as Quicken only presents one User ID
for Schwab: my wife's. I can complete OSU for the joint accounts at
Schwab using my wife's User ID/Password, but I can't get at the other
accounts I can access at the Schwab site using my User ID and
Password.

I can't think of any way to get around this problem but I figured I'd
ask before leaving my retirement account out of the loop for OSU.

TIA.

Tom Young
From: jslcr1 on
On Aug 5, 8:20 pm, TomYoung <sombo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Several years ago my wife and I moved the majority of our various
> accounts to Schwab.  We each established different User ID's and
> Passwords.  Entering her User ID/Password at the Schwab web site
> brings up our joint accounts and her separate retirement accounts.
> Entering my User ID/Password at the Schwab site brings up our joint
> accounts, my retirement account and another account where I'm the
> trustee.
>
> Some time ago I set up a couple of my wife's retirement accounts for
> OSU and today I thought I'd try to finish the job and set up *all* our
> Schwab accounts for OSU.  I finished off my wife's retirement accounts
> and then moved on to our joint accounts and my retirement account,
> figuring I'd use my User ID/Password on those accounts.  Only I can't
> establish OSU for these accounts as Quicken only presents one User ID
> for Schwab: my wife's.  I can complete OSU for the joint accounts at
> Schwab using my wife's User ID/Password, but I can't get at the other
> accounts I can access at the Schwab site using my User ID and
> Password.
>
> I can't think of any way to get around this problem but I figured I'd
> ask before leaving my retirement account out of the loop for OSU.
>
> TIA.
>
> Tom Young
Note sure if this will help or not but give it a try.

Setting up additional online accounts with the same financial
institution in Quicken
This article describes two methods for setting up additional online
accounts with the same financial institution in Quicken.
Note: You must obtain a Customer ID and password from your financial
institution in order to add accounts using the One Step Setup process
and the Quicken Account Setup.
Setting up additional online accounts using the One Step Update:
1. Select the Online menu, and select One Step Update.
2. Once the connection with your financial institution has been
established, you should be able to select a list of available accounts
to add in the One Step Update process.
3. Select the accounts you wish to add.
Setting up additional online accounts using the Online Account Setup:
1. Select the Online menu, and select Online Account Services Setup.
2. Select the option Create New Quicken Account and click Next.
3. Select the option This account is held at the following institution
and click Next.
Note: Type the name or first letter of your financial institution in
the blank field. Also select the checkbox if you are setting up a loan
account.
4. Select Yes to connect your financial institution through Quicken.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter your Customer ID, Password, and then Reenter your Password
and click Next.
7. Once the connection with your financial institution has been
established, a window will display a list of available accounts to add
in the Quicken Account Setup process.
Note: When adding more than 6 accounts, you must select the
appropriate option of Activate or Do Not Use This Account In Quicken
for the first 6 accounts displayed, and then select the Update Now
option before you will be able to see the next set of accounts such as
the 7th or 8th account and so on.

From: Eric J. Holtman on
TomYoung <sombodee(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:5e6d55a0-a1c3-40d4-8007-
ee7492c01345(a)m17g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

> I can't think of any way to get around this problem but I figured I'd
> ask before leaving my retirement account out of the loop for OSU.

I don't remember the exact steps, but I know this works for
accounts I have at both FifthThird Bank, and Fidelity Investments.

That is, like you, my wife and I have both separate and joint
accounts at both places. OSU works perfectly.

From: Oilcan on
I have four ID's for Citibank and two ID's for Chase. There shouldn't
be a limitation for Schwab.

Oilcan

From: TomYoung on
Given the replies that suggest multiple User ID's and Passwords should
work I thought I'd describe in more detail what I'm seeing when trying
to setup additional Quicken accounts for OSU in my QD2010.

1) Right-click a one of my Schwab accounts in the Account Bar, select
"Edit account", click "Online Services" tab, click on "Activate One
Step Update."
2) Account Setup window comes up with an option to select Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc, showing my wife's User ID or to select "No, the
account is at a different institution or has a different login"
3) Select the "No, the account is at a different institution.." option
4) Account Setup window changes to read "Select your Account Type or
Branch" and "Choose one of the following options:" followed by an drop
down menu with the word "Select."
5) Clicking on the drop-down menu reveals that there's nothing to
select, and I'm stuck.

Maybe a Schwab issue, maybe a Quicken issue?

Tom Young