From: TomYoung on
OK, I've discovered a fix for the problem, though it still doesn't
reveal the reason for the problem in the 1st place.

If I bring up the Account List and "add" a new investment account I
can specify the financial institution and will be prompted for a User
ID and Password, connecting this information either to a new or
existing Quicken account. The process brings up the Account Setup
window which looks exactly the same as the Account Setup window that
pops up when trying to establish OSU for an existing account, only
this Account Setup window actually works.

Tom Young

From: Laura on
TomYoung wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Several years ago my wife and I moved the majority of our various
> accounts to Schwab. We each established different User ID's and
> Passwords. Entering her User ID/Password at the Schwab web site
> brings up our joint accounts and her separate retirement accounts.
> Entering my User ID/Password at the Schwab site brings up our joint
> accounts, my retirement account and another account where I'm the
> trustee.
>
> Some time ago I set up a couple of my wife's retirement accounts for
> OSU and today I thought I'd try to finish the job and set up *all* our
> Schwab accounts for OSU. I finished off my wife's retirement accounts
> and then moved on to our joint accounts and my retirement account,
> figuring I'd use my User ID/Password on those accounts. Only I can't
> establish OSU for these accounts as Quicken only presents one User ID
> for Schwab: my wife's. I can complete OSU for the joint accounts at
> Schwab using my wife's User ID/Password, but I can't get at the other
> accounts I can access at the Schwab site using my User ID and
> Password.
>
> I can't think of any way to get around this problem but I figured I'd
> ask before leaving my retirement account out of the loop for OSU.
>
> TIA.
>
> Tom Young

We have our accounts at Schwab-my husband and I each have our own
ID/password to access our accounts. Our daughter's accounts are tied to
my account. I had no problem setting up all of our accounts in OSU. We
don't have a joint account so I am wondering if the joint account is
confusing Quicken when you setup the OSU.

I wonder what would happen if you deactivated online access for the
joint account and then try adding your accounts to OSU.

Otherwise my suggestion would be to call Schwab and see what they think.