From: Kadaitcha Man on
beenthere <Waiting(a)Home.com>, the bead hole driller, huddled:

> "Kenny" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Brand new Synchmaster 940BF was OK when first connected then I ran
>> the CD to
>> install drivers.
>> It asked whether it was 940BF Analogue or 940BF Digital, I thought
>> it was both!
>> It also said that whether Analogue or Digital would be either on the
>> front of the monitor or the sticker on the back. It isn't, just
>> model no., (940BF), serial no. & type no. (GH19PS). I also looked
>> on the box. Since it's connected via 9 pin D-sub I selected Analogue and
>> absolutely nothing happened.
>> Then tried Digital and it told me monitor was installed and it would
>> reboot.
>> It did, very fast BSOD and restarted to boot options, Normal, Safe
>> Mode etc.
>> I selected Normal and it BSOD again.
>> This time I selected "Last known good..." and that's where I'm at at
>> now. Device Manager says "Plug & play monitor" so I'm assuming
>> Samsung drivers were not installed or not being used.
>> Nothing unusual in Event Viewer.
>> It's now working but whether as good as it should be if it's using
>> generic XP drivers I don't know.
>> Video card is Club 3D GeForce 6600, 60Hz refresh rate and 1280 x 960
>> resolution.
>> Should I leave well enough alone and forget about Samsung drivers?
>>
> Hi Kenny. As a test you could go to Device Manager, check if the
> Monitor looks OK there, then try to update the drivers, by
> feeding it the CD.
> HTH.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--
alt.usenet.kooks - Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005 and April 2006

"K-Man's particular genius, however, lies not merely in his humour,
but his ability to make posters who had previously seemed reasonably
well-balanced turn into foaming, frothing, death threat-uttering
maniacs" - Snarky, Demon Lord of Confusion

Thou lown. Thou hulk.