From: Kevin Oler on
On Jan 12, 1:03 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...(a)localhost.com> wrote:
> In article <092519be-7632-4fc5-94d5-
>
> 1b0b01669...(a)34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>, Guy wrote:
> > Sometimes when i am creating a new PP i use a MS word outline. Some of
> > the time word will not open the word docx and I have to cut and paste.
>
> It's always a good idea to mention the version of Office you're using
> (but we'll assume it's 2007 since you mention docx).
>
> So do you get any messages or other hints as to the problem when you try
> to open the Word file?
>
> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

Yes it is Office 2007. No messages or other hints. Some of the docx
files will open as an outline in PP. So if I get one that won't i cut
and paste the text into a docx that will. this is extremely annoying.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <cfd26f61-fca7-4a17-a5db-
0d388d5defed(a)q4g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Kevin Oler wrote:
> On Jan 12, 1:03 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...(a)localhost.com> wrote:
> > In article <092519be-7632-4fc5-94d5-
> >
> > 1b0b01669...(a)34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>, Guy wrote:
> > > Sometimes when i am creating a new PP i use a MS word outline. Some of
> > > the time word will not open the word docx and I have to cut and paste.
> >
> > It's always a good idea to mention the version of Office you're using
> > (but we'll assume it's 2007 since you mention docx).
> >
> > So do you get any messages or other hints as to the problem when you try
> > to open the Word file?
> >

> Yes it is Office 2007. No messages or other hints. Some of the docx
> files will open as an outline in PP. So if I get one that won't i cut
> and paste the text into a docx that will. this is extremely annoying.

What exactly does happen, then, with the ones that don't work? Do you get
blank slides or nothing at all?