From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" >
> Card is in, and it rocks. Way fast. For grins, loaded Tomb Raider
> Underworld, turned everything up full blast max and it ran what looked
> like
> higher than 30fps. Running video in overlay on Beyond TV smooth as silk
> with no flickering. It's quiet enough that I don't notice any higher
> volume coming out of my PC than before I installed it.
>
> The only negatives are that this card is LONG. I had to move my two HDs
> down one bay each to make room for the card to fit, and it require six pin
> power connector, which uses a two Molex connector to six pin adapter.
> Just
> to get the required juice to the card, I had to temporarily disconnect the
> light that surrounds the power button on my case. I'll get a Molex
> Y-Cable
> tomorrow, that'll fix that. I tried the GPU based reverb, but there's
> still too much latency to use it in real time, but I have other verbs I
> like for real time anyway.

Great review and I appreciate that. Great that this card is rocking for you
and with so little cash.
That card used to cost hundreds of dollars.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > So my kid suggested we put Crysis on my machine and see how it
performs. With everything cranked up full blast, like reflections,
shadows, etc., it
> ran at a smooth 30+ FPS, and looked incredible and realistic. :)

Wow, Crysis none other. That is the benchmark for graphic card performance.

From: SoftShell on
"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> "Glennbo" > So my kid suggested we put Crysis on my machine and see
>> how it performs. With everything cranked up full blast, like
>> reflections, shadows, etc., it
>>> ran at a smooth 30+ FPS, and looked incredible and realistic. :)
>>
>> Wow, Crysis none other. That is the benchmark for graphic card
>> performance.
>
> It seemed to play it fine and the only lags I saw was when it was
> autosaving.
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email

Glad to hear it's not so loud. That is one BIG honkin' fan on that thing.
'Course with fans bigger is not always louder I guess. Yeah that was one of
the review complaints as well as the size of the card. But then sacrifices
must often be made for performance. I'm thinking maybe a new machine this
year myself. Really appreciate all these comments & evaluations.

--

Steve Wilson

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2