From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
I've got two mics on a cabinet and I've recorded two guitar tracks.
Track 1 = SM57
Track 2 = AT4033

I've set up the SM57 track as a folder track and the AT4033 track as the
last track in the folder.

I love that fact that Track 1 has now become a master fader track and
Track 2 is like a blend with it's fader.

However the pan on Track 1 is overriding the pan on Track 2. What I'm
trying to achieve is Track 1 is panned 100% left and Track 2 is panned
100% right. What I'm getting is both of them 100% left.

What's the trick?
--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Steve L. on
"Dave \"Mod Bod\" Modisette" <dmodisette(a)gatortraks.com> wrote in

> I've got two mics on a cabinet and I've recorded two guitar tracks.
> Track 1 = SM57
> Track 2 = AT4033
>
> I've set up the SM57 track as a folder track and the AT4033 track as the
> last track in the folder.
>
> I love that fact that Track 1 has now become a master fader track and
> Track 2 is like a blend with it's fader.
>
> However the pan on Track 1 is overriding the pan on Track 2. What I'm
> trying to achieve is Track 1 is panned 100% left and Track 2 is panned
> 100% right. What I'm getting is both of them 100% left.
>
> What's the trick?

There might be a better way but you could make one more folder with no
recorded material on it and use for the master .. send your two guitars to
that track .... on the guitar tracks be sure to untick "master/parent" in
the io portion... I'm still trying to wrap my head around channels within
the same track .... there might be something there too.
From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Steve L. wrote:
> "Dave \"Mod Bod\" Modisette" <dmodisette(a)gatortraks.com> wrote in
>
>> I've got two mics on a cabinet and I've recorded two guitar tracks.
>> Track 1 = SM57
>> Track 2 = AT4033
>>
>> I've set up the SM57 track as a folder track and the AT4033 track as the
>> last track in the folder.
>>
>> I love that fact that Track 1 has now become a master fader track and
>> Track 2 is like a blend with it's fader.
>>
>> However the pan on Track 1 is overriding the pan on Track 2. What I'm
>> trying to achieve is Track 1 is panned 100% left and Track 2 is panned
>> 100% right. What I'm getting is both of them 100% left.
>>
>> What's the trick?
>
> There might be a better way but you could make one more folder with no
> recorded material on it and use for the master .. send your two guitars to
> that track .... on the guitar tracks be sure to untick "master/parent" in
> the io portion... I'm still trying to wrap my head around channels within
> the same track .... there might be something there too.
I see what your saying but that seems to be a bit obtuse in program
design - kind of like a SONAR way of doing things. ;)

I'm sure it's just some track setting that I've missed. (At least I
hope it's just a track setting.)

From: Steve L. on

> However the pan on Track 1 is overriding the pan on Track 2. What I'm
>>> trying to achieve is Track 1 is panned 100% left and Track 2 is panned
>>> 100% right. What I'm getting is both of them 100% left.

Try sending it prefader prepan
From: Here In Oregon on

"Steve L." <emailme(a)myemail.addy> wrote in message
> "Dave \"Mod Bod\" Modisette" <dmodisette(a)gatortraks.com> wrote in
>
>> However the pan on Track 1 is overriding the pan on Track 2. What I'm
>>

> Try sending it prefader prepan

Yes that should be it. Every time something like this comes up for me I
always find out it has it.
Let us know if that did it.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2