From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> So as I previously had said, the video card I was using in my new
> i5 machine was just a temporary use one. It was the old card from
> my HTPC, and was a slow 8300GS which only has a 64 bit data path.
>
> Anyway, I ordered this card over the weekend and it should scream.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352&Tpk=asus%209800gt
>
> It's got a 256 bit data path, half a gig of DDR3, and an HDMI out.

Heck, I might get that for my new build that I am working on parts,
currently. ASUS/ASUS Good price too and smokes the one I had picked out.
I do not need to worry about how loud it is either because it is going in my
wife's office.

From: SoftShell on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> So as I previously had said, the video card I was using in my new
> i5 machine was just a temporary use one. It was the old card from
> my HTPC, and was a slow 8300GS which only has a 64 bit data path.
>
> Anyway, I ordered this card over the weekend and it should scream.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352&Tpk=asus%209800gt
>
> It's got a 256 bit data path, half a gig of DDR3, and an HDMI out.
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email

Whazzat humongeous whirly gig lookin' thingy on th' top? Geez, that's bigger
than the exhaust fan I have in the window :) Cools the whole house w/ it's
1 horse motor. Seriously, how loud is that?

--
_____________________

Steve Wilson

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo"
> And you can't tell by the reviews. Oen guy says "Fan makes more noise
> than
> my older GPU", then another reviewer says "Quiet fan...thought it wasn't
> working at first." I'll have a better idea in a couple days, but I'm used
> to my old DAW which has triple 1.25" fans in a 5.25" drive bay, and then
> two rear exhaust fans, so I wouldn't have heard an additional fan in that
> box anyway. My new machine though is very quiet in comparison, but then
> it's all stock fans right now too.

I think I am going to wait and see what you think of it before I order all
of my parts. I wanted to order today but still researching a couple of
accessory devices. You know I have always been a Nvidia graphics card guy
but have you noticed how the Radeons are just starting to almost dominate
the market? Nvidia seems to be asleep at the wheel lately.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > My idea of quiet is prolly differn't than yours.
> I'm a drummer you know. ;)

You are much more than just a drummer Glennbo. I am curious to what you
think about this card on many levels and I am frankly not ready to make my
major multi purchases order anyway. Remember, I suffer with ordering
stuff. My therapist could tell you all about it but it would be wasting
your time.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > Just got a tracking number and it'll be here Wednesday. That's
also my
> wife's birthday though, and I promised to take her out for dinner, so
> it'll be later Wednesday evening before I can pop it in the machine.

Well that is tomorrow. Hope it works well for you.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Happy Pi Day
Next: Reaper: Panning in folder tracks