From: Here In Oregon on
I have Reaper open and I have a tutorial video open as well in Windows 7.
How do I keep the tutorial video to stay on top while I am doing stuff in
Reaper or any website for that matter? Argghhh!!!!! I use to be able to
do this easily in XP.

From: John Braner on

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/09/how-to-make-a-window-stay-always-on-top-in-windows-7/

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/21/deskpins-adds-an-always-on-top-thumbtack-to-any-windows-app/

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Here In Oregon on

"John Braner" <>>
> http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/09/how-to-make-a-window-stay-always-on-top-in-windows-7/

> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/21/deskpins-adds-an-always-on-top-thumbtack-to-any-windows-app/

Thanks for chiming in John and I had seen downloads on the net for this but
thought there would be a way to do this without even downloading anything.
However, I downloaded the first link you gave me because it says it will
work with Windows 7. Well, I now get the always on top selection and it
does *not* work. The transparency option works but then you cannot change
it back to something else so that doesn't really work very well either. I
am using Windows 7 64 bit.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
> > "John Braner" <>>
>> http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/09/how-to-make-a-window-stay-always-on-top-in-windows-7/
>
>> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/21/deskpins-adds-an-always-on-top-thumbtack-to-any-windows-app/

> Thanks for chiming in John and I had seen downloads on the net for this
> but thought there would be a way to do this without even downloading
> anything. However, I downloaded the first link you gave me because it says
> it will work with Windows 7. Well, I now get the always on top selection
> and it does *not* work. The transparency option works but then you cannot
> change it back to something else so that doesn't really work very well
> either. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

CORRECTION: I restarted my computer and it works perfectly. The
transparency works as well but you have to close the window and reopen it to
change the settings. I can live with that no problem. Staying on top works
perfectly now and thank you John very much and I hope the flu is long gone.
You da man and I owe ya one.

From: John Braner on
On 16/03/2010 18:01, Here In Oregon wrote:

> "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>> > "John Braner" <>>
>>> http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/09/how-to-make-a-window-stay-always-on-top-in-windows-7/
>>>

>>> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/05/21/deskpins-adds-an-always-on-top-thumbtack-to-any-windows-app/
>>>

>> Thanks for chiming in John and I had seen downloads on the net for
>> this but thought there would be a way to do this without even
>> downloading anything. However, I downloaded the first link you gave me
>> because it says it will work with Windows 7. Well, I now get the
>> always on top selection and it does *not* work. The transparency
>> option works but then you cannot change it back to something else so
>> that doesn't really work very well either. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
>
> CORRECTION: I restarted my computer and it works perfectly. The
> transparency works as well but you have to close the window and reopen
> it to change the settings. I can live with that no problem. Staying on
> top works perfectly now and thank you John very much and I hope the flu
> is long gone. You da man and I owe ya one.

I just googled it - I've never tried the utils myself ;-) I'm glad to hear it worked though.

Anyway - the flu is gone, but it was a PIA for a week...

--