From: John Braner on
Hi,

I've got a new song called "Where it is" and it's here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8892369

It's using a net 7/4 groove from the Toontrack Collection and features the usual list of characters.

Superior Drummer
Trilian Bass now
VB3 Organ
guitar, POD XT etc etc

Comments, suggestions, criticisms greatfully accepted ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Here In Oregon on

"John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a new song called "Where it is" and it's here:
> http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8892369
>
> It's using a net 7/4 groove from the Toontrack Collection and features the
> usual list of characters.
>
> Superior Drummer
> Trilian Bass now
> VB3 Organ
> guitar, POD XT etc etc

Were you using Reaper? It sounds like you are using that feedback routing
effect Justin the head honcho over at Cockos was doing on a tutorial I was
watching yesterday. At 2:12 and other places it sounds like the guitar and
a tad of its feedback is being routed to two additional tracks with feedback
output and feedback gain while using track automation.

http://reaper.fm/vids/feedback_routing.html

From: John Braner on
On 16/03/2010 19:12, Here In Oregon wrote:

> "John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a new song called "Where it is" and it's here:
>> http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8892369
>>
>> It's using a net 7/4 groove from the Toontrack Collection and features
>> the usual list of characters.
>>
>> Superior Drummer
>> Trilian Bass now
>> VB3 Organ
>> guitar, POD XT etc etc
>
> Were you using Reaper? It sounds like you are using that feedback
> routing effect Justin the head honcho over at Cockos was doing on a
> tutorial I was watching yesterday. At 2:12 and other places it sounds
> like the guitar and a tad of its feedback is being routed to two
> additional tracks with feedback output and feedback gain while using
> track automation.
>
> http://reaper.fm/vids/feedback_routing.html

Sorry HIO - good old SONAR here. The delay is the old Kjaerhus classic delay (freebie) set to ping
pong. I love this delay. I do have a couple of sends froom the guitar - one to the delay and another
to a reverb. I didn't even sync the delay time because it's in 7 and nothing was "working" - so I
just set the delay time manually. Just like the "good old days" ;-)

Thanks a lot for listening and for your comments.

--
===========

From: Here In Oregon on

"John Braner" < Sorry HIO - good old SONAR here. The delay is the old
Kjaerhus classic delay (freebie) set to ping pong. I love this delay. I do
have a couple of sends froom the guitar - one to the delay and another to a
reverb. I didn't even sync the delay time because it's in 7 and nothing was
"working" - so I just set the delay time manually. Just like the "good old
days" ;-)
> Thanks a lot for listening and for your comments.

Nothing wrong with good old Sonar. Is that their Classic Delay at their
website under Free plug-ins? I was there a few days back ready and willing
to buy the Kjaerhus Vintage Channel because it is my favorite plug of all
time and it came with Sonar 6. I am missing it dearly now. It is a fully
loaded dual compressor with EQ and I could do some amazing things on vocals
with that guy like totally fat, up front, personal and in your face. It
might be called Golden channel with them now but they want 200.00 for it and
I would rather apply that to a UAD card and get the LA2A, 1176 and the 1073,
etc. and try to pull off what I was doing with Vintage Channel.

I like a lot of what you are doing here texturally, rhythmically, and that
crazy delay feedback thingy. I have this cool setting on my outboard DD-20
GigaDelay for my guitar that can do some far out feedback stuff as well and
with two tube amps hooked up I can get that ping pong effect if I want and
control its destiny using my foot.

From: John Braner on
On 16/03/2010 21:53, Here In Oregon wrote:

> "John Braner" < Sorry HIO - good old SONAR here. The delay is the old
> Kjaerhus classic delay (freebie) set to ping pong. I love this delay. I
> do have a couple of sends froom the guitar - one to the delay and
> another to a reverb. I didn't even sync the delay time because it's in 7
> and nothing was "working" - so I just set the delay time manually. Just
> like the "good old days" ;-)
>> Thanks a lot for listening and for your comments.
>
> Nothing wrong with good old Sonar. Is that their Classic Delay at their
> website under Free plug-ins? I was there a few days back ready and

Yeah - it's free, and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get some great delays ;-)
I like being able to automate the delay, and not have to fart around with left and right outputs,
and 15 other things...

> willing to buy the Kjaerhus Vintage Channel because it is my favorite
> plug of all time and it came with Sonar 6. I am missing it dearly now.

Can't you just install it from some old SONAR CDs?

> It is a fully loaded dual compressor with EQ and I could do some amazing
> things on vocals with that guy like totally fat, up front, personal and
> in your face. It might be called Golden channel with them now but they
> want 200.00 for it and I would rather apply that to a UAD card and get
> the LA2A, 1176 and the 1073, etc. and try to pull off what I was doing
> with Vintage Channel.
>
> I like a lot of what you are doing here texturally, rhythmically, and
> that crazy delay feedback thingy. I have this cool setting on my
> outboard DD-20 GigaDelay for my guitar that can do some far out feedback
> stuff as well and with two tube amps hooked up I can get that ping pong
> effect if I want and control its destiny using my foot.

There's also some izotope Trash on the guitar, and I got a neat sound making noise on my guitar and
just taking the output from a wacky setting on aether reverb (ie wet only, no dry guitar at all).

Plus there's my good old sax licks from my "Climax Collection No. 6 - Saxophone" sample CD from 1993 ;-)

(and an omnisphere patch and various other nonsense...)

--
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner