From: gtr on
I've noticed in recent weeks that a genre keeps imposing itself on
files that have already had a genre set.

Whether they were originally "Pop", "Oldies", "Jazz" or one of my
custom items (e.g. "Brazilian", "Big Band") a few dozen each day change
themselves to "(8)" or "(11)". A number with parenteses around it.
There was another number last week that hasn't returned recently, it
was (96).

Since I last converted them all to Oldies on Friday 46 of them have
changed to (8), 36 to (11), and 87 to (96). That's a lot of changes of
id3 tags!

Anybody else experiencing this or know why it's doing this?
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

From: gtr on
On 2010-08-02 10:57:48 -0700, gtr said:

> I've noticed in recent weeks that a genre keeps imposing itself on
> files that have already had a genre set.
>
> Whether they were originally "Pop", "Oldies", "Jazz" or one of my
> custom items (e.g. "Brazilian", "Big Band") a few dozen each day change
> themselves to "(8)" or "(11)". A number with parenteses around it.
> There was another number last week that hasn't returned recently, it
> was (96).
>
> Since I last converted them all to Oldies on Friday 46 of them have
> changed to (8), 36 to (11), and 87 to (96). That's a lot of changes of
> id3 tags!
>
> Anybody else experiencing this or know why it's doing this?

I just changed all (indictad abover) to "Oldies". Fifteen minutes
later, I note that 4 have already changed back to (8). Hmm. These are
all tunes I just played.

Okay then. Everytime I play a tune it converts the genre to a number. Yikes!
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?