From: kitekrazy on
Asus released a new BIOS for many of their M2N series board which are
basically discontinued. I'm still using a M2N-SLi and that fastest
processor for that board was the first generation Phenoms. Now this
board can accept a Phenom IIx4 945.

I can assume this only came about because many people have
experimented with processors not originally supported by this board.
(overclock.net)
From: Phoenix on
On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:04:15 -0500, kitekrazy
<kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote:
> Asus released a new BIOS for many of their M2N series board which
are
> basically discontinued. I'm still using a M2N-SLi and that fastest
> processor for that board was the first generation Phenoms. Now this
> board can accept a Phenom IIx4 945.

> I can assume this only came about because many people have
> experimented with processors not originally supported by this
board.
> (overclock.net)

Interesting; my desktop mobo is the M3A. Don't know if there's a
point to updating the BIOS unless I were to change the CPU, though.
Asus support attitude seems to tend towards "if it ain't broke..."
From: kitekrazy on
On 5/2/2010 6:44 PM, Phoenix wrote:
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:04:15 -0500, kitekrazy <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org>
> wrote:
>> Asus released a new BIOS for many of their M2N series board which
> are
>> basically discontinued. I'm still using a M2N-SLi and that fastest
>> processor for that board was the first generation Phenoms. Now this
>> board can accept a Phenom IIx4 945.
>

>> I can assume this only came about because many people have
>> experimented with processors not originally supported by this
> board.
>> (overclock.net)
>
> Interesting; my desktop mobo is the M3A. Don't know if there's a point
> to updating the BIOS unless I were to change the CPU, though. Asus
> support attitude seems to tend towards "if it ain't broke..."

Nope. This only applies to certain AM2+ boards with nVidia chipsets.
Phenom IIs were designed for the AM3 boards. Certain models of the Asus
M2N series can now use these processors.

Pages: 1
Prev: What color should Sonar 10 be?
Next: Poly MIA?