From: Jake F on
I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail
comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon as with new messages in
the inbox. Is there a way to make new messages in folders other than the
inbox show an envelope or am I stuck with the pop up notifications? Thanks.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Jake F" <JakeF(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail
> comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon as with new messages in
> the inbox. Is there a way to make new messages in folders other than the
> inbox show an envelope or am I stuck with the pop up notifications?

The envelope used to appear even when messages were moved form the Inbox. So
many people complained that Microsoft changed the behavior so that the
envelope appears only when messages remain in the Inbox. DIsplaying a desktop
alert from within the rule is your only choice.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
ronnie wrote:

> Jake F wrote on 02/10/2010 11:02 ET :
>> I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new
> mail
>> comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon as with new messages in
>> the inbox. Is there a way to make new messages in folders other than the
>> inbox show an envelope or am I stuck with the pop up notifications? Thanks.
> httx:// www. brothersoft. com/ mail-alert-63626. html
>
> Registered Name: johnny
>
> Product ID:
> 6BD7E448722FB8B14D052F327876103C4007DBC4A21FF8E17697133B8D1E
> 930F9667696B4960287DC6342B419FFC6DA7FA398942E9E90D4A4E1C85A7 BD1FFA59

A boob spammer desparate to hawk his crapware.