From: Cynicor on
Ken Lucke wrote:
> In article <dpSdnYoPtqsS2CfYnZ2dnUVZ_tjinZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>, Cynicor
> <j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote:
>
>> Joan wrote:
>>> So I attacked the NEF files. This behaviour was different. The NEF
>>> files are updated and the XMP files are not touched. Bridge can see
>>> updated date for display under the thumbnail. In the EXIF data "date
>>> time original" is modified and the IPTC date created tag has the
>>> adjusted date value. For the NEF files, all date formatting is
>>> consistent.
>>>
>>> When is version 2 coming out?
>>>
>> I have no idea. I just got a release note about it and thought it was cool.
>>
>> In a month or so, I'm releasing a small app that lets you code GPS info
>> into your JPG after the fact.
>
> You know that there are several that do this already, right? Some even
> do it automatically from your recorded course track matched up with
> your EXIF date/time stamp.
>
> Just trying to save you some effort in case you weren't aware of them.
>
> Here's just one:
> http://www.vipros.com/photo/gps2Photo/

Yup, but mine is click-on-a-map-based. It's really a sample app that
shows how to read EXIF metadata from a JPG file, as well as how to
communicate with an embedded browser in a Windows Forms app.
From: Ken Lucke on
In article <260120071020558913%ken(a)glass-stones.com>, Ken Lucke
<ken(a)glass-stones.com> wrote:

> In article <dpSdnYoPtqsS2CfYnZ2dnUVZ_tjinZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>, Cynicor
> <j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote:
>
> > Joan wrote:
> > > So I attacked the NEF files. This behaviour was different. The NEF
> > > files are updated and the XMP files are not touched. Bridge can see
> > > updated date for display under the thumbnail. In the EXIF data "date
> > > time original" is modified and the IPTC date created tag has the
> > > adjusted date value. For the NEF files, all date formatting is
> > > consistent.
> > >
> > > When is version 2 coming out?
> > >

> > I have no idea. I just got a release note about it and thought it was cool.
> >
> > In a month or so, I'm releasing a small app that lets you code GPS info
> > into your JPG after the fact.
>
> You know that there are several that do this already, right? Some even
> do it automatically from your recorded course track matched up with
> your EXIF date/time stamp.
>
> Just trying to save you some effort in case you weren't aware of them.
>
> Here's just one:
> http://www.vipros.com/photo/gps2Photo/

BTW, I know you're on Win, but here's a full-fledged Mac app (freeware)
for us Macheads to do this, and a lot more:

http://oregonstate.edu/~earlyj/gpsphotolinker/

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard
From: Ken Lucke on
In article <0cCdncLx54R-1SfYnZ2dnUVZ_u_inZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>, Cynicor
<j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote:

> Ken Lucke wrote:
> > In article <dpSdnYoPtqsS2CfYnZ2dnUVZ_tjinZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>, Cynicor
> > <j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote:

> >> I have no idea. I just got a release note about it and thought it was cool.
> >>
> >> In a month or so, I'm releasing a small app that lets you code GPS info
> >> into your JPG after the fact.
> >
> > You know that there are several that do this already, right? Some even
> > do it automatically from your recorded course track matched up with
> > your EXIF date/time stamp.
> >
> > Just trying to save you some effort in case you weren't aware of them.
> >
> > Here's just one:
> > http://www.vipros.com/photo/gps2Photo/
>
> Yup, but mine is click-on-a-map-based. It's really a sample app that
> shows how to read EXIF metadata from a JPG file, as well as how to
> communicate with an embedded browser in a Windows Forms app.

Ah, OK, just wanted to save you some keyboard wear & tear if I could.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard