From: Cynicor on
Since I am evidently the resident MS guy here, I thought I'd point out a
new (free) program called PhotoInfo that lets you "easily view and
change "metadata" properties in digital photographs from within Windows
Explorer." Just went up this week.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B038D4B5-1D88-437C-9F54-1FB0D210B5EF
From: Saguenay on

"Cynicor" <j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
5NydnWg1WdQfECrYnZ2dnUVZ_o3inZ2d(a)speakeasy.net...
> Since I am evidently the resident MS guy here, I thought I'd point out a
> new (free) program called PhotoInfo that lets you "easily view and change
> "metadata" properties in digital photographs from within Windows
> Explorer." Just went up this week.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B038D4B5-1D88-437C-9F54-1FB0D210B5EF

Needs NET Framewordk 2.0
Installed here. Seems powerful.
Not mandatory if you use the same functions included in some photo browsers.

mb

From: Joan on
Installed OK. However, I'm seeing some odd behaviour.

I had stupidly set my camera date back one year so I have to wonder is
this the magic tool that will fix all the files? Obviously it should
be, as it has an area where I can alter a date by a number of days and
can handle a batch edit.

So I started with some jpg files. The first file I said "use the
exif" and added 365 days to the created date. That's all it did. It
left the other erroneous dates on the previous year. However, Adobe
Bridge is showing today's date as the "date created" under the
thumbnail but the corrected date in the metadata panel to the left.
If I changed the date created and didn't check "use EXIF" sure enough
the exif doesn't change and the date created entry in the IPTC shows
the new date value. Also the EXIF "date time original" when showing
the modified date shows it with a different display format from all
the other dates. All other dates show d/mm/yyyy hh:MM:ss PM
(4/01/2006 1:46:04 PM) but the "date time original" shows yyyy-mm-dd
HH-MM-ss (2007-01-04 13-46-04).

So I attacked the NEF files. This behaviour was different. The NEF
files are updated and the XMP files are not touched. Bridge can see
updated date for display under the thumbnail. In the EXIF data "date
time original" is modified and the IPTC date created tag has the
adjusted date value. For the NEF files, all date formatting is
consistent.

When is version 2 coming out?

--
Joan

"Cynicor" <j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote in message
: Since I am evidently the resident MS guy here, I thought I'd point
out a
: new (free) program called PhotoInfo that lets you "easily view and
: change "metadata" properties in digital photographs from within
Windows
: Explorer." Just went up this week.
:
:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B038D4B5-1D88-437C-9F54-1FB0D210B5EF

From: Cynicor on
Joan wrote:
> So I attacked the NEF files. This behaviour was different. The NEF
> files are updated and the XMP files are not touched. Bridge can see
> updated date for display under the thumbnail. In the EXIF data "date
> time original" is modified and the IPTC date created tag has the
> adjusted date value. For the NEF files, all date formatting is
> consistent.
>
> When is version 2 coming out?

I have no idea. I just got a release note about it and thought it was cool.

In a month or so, I'm releasing a small app that lets you code GPS info
into your JPG after the fact.
From: Ken Lucke on
In article <dpSdnYoPtqsS2CfYnZ2dnUVZ_tjinZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>, Cynicor
<j...tru.p...in(a)speak.ea.sy.net> wrote:

> Joan wrote:
> > So I attacked the NEF files. This behaviour was different. The NEF
> > files are updated and the XMP files are not touched. Bridge can see
> > updated date for display under the thumbnail. In the EXIF data "date
> > time original" is modified and the IPTC date created tag has the
> > adjusted date value. For the NEF files, all date formatting is
> > consistent.
> >
> > When is version 2 coming out?
> >

> I have no idea. I just got a release note about it and thought it was cool.
>
> In a month or so, I'm releasing a small app that lets you code GPS info
> into your JPG after the fact.

You know that there are several that do this already, right? Some even
do it automatically from your recorded course track matched up with
your EXIF date/time stamp.

Just trying to save you some effort in case you weren't aware of them.

Here's just one:
http://www.vipros.com/photo/gps2Photo/

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard