From: Kenneth Tilton on
Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Again, for your convenience: http://teamalgebra.com/
>>
>> kt
>>
>> ps. In case anyone does not find this interesting, go to the site and
>> poke around and meditate on this: I write Lisp all day, and lately
>> nothing but Lisp. I rarely look at qooxdoo doc (tho that will fire up
>> again if/when I need a new widget). I almost never look at HTML and
>> CSS references. Yet I am building a Web application. Ommmm.... kzo
>
> Sorry, perhaps I had words too strong.
>
> Alt doesn't work. I'm using X, with a personal Xmodmap and
> Firefox. (Alt and Meta aren't the same key on my keyboard, and neither
> work with your web page).

Hmmm, right now ALT works for me /only/ in FireFox (my usual test
browser, meaning I neglected to test elsewhere). Investigating...

> What about typing sqrt instead of alt-r?

If I spin off the math editor as a product it would make sense to
augment the editor by having a way for TeX-savvy folks to bang that in.

For kids I will eventually have a row of the half-dozen keys they'll
need, maybe even a full keypad (already executed in the desktop
version). Each key will show its keyboard equiv as a tool-tip so they
can eventually learn them.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>> Alt doesn't work. I'm using X, with a personal Xmodmap and
>> Firefox. (Alt and Meta aren't the same key on my keyboard, and neither
>> work with your web page).
>
> Hmmm, right now ALT works for me /only/ in FireFox (my usual test
> browser, meaning I neglected to test elsewhere). Investigating...

Ah, I seem not to have read this until just now:

http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.7/keyboard_events

A little experimentation suggests a fix will be manageable.Not sure how
I missed it in testing, other than that I do not like testing. Thx for
the report.

kt

From: Kenneth Tilton on
Krzysztof Drewniak wrote:
> Can you please explain how to input x^2 +1 = 0

Type: x 2 + 1 = 0

If you want to be explicit (or type a more elaborate exponent):

x ^ 2 <right-arrow> + 1 = 0

Moving ahead, I see a problem: the editor whines about "missing root" if
one does not supply the "2" for square root (and as reported elsewhere
alt-r works to create a root only on FireFox/Windows).

kt

ps. The "Typing Tutorial" tab offers other insights.

From: Kenneth Tilton on
Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>> Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>>> Alt doesn't work. I'm using X, with a personal Xmodmap and
>>> Firefox. (Alt and Meta aren't the same key on my keyboard, and neither
>>> work with your web page).
>>
>> Hmmm, right now ALT works for me /only/ in FireFox (my usual test
>> browser, meaning I neglected to test elsewhere). Investigating...
>
> Ah, I seem not to have read this until just now:
>
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.7/keyboard_events
>
> A little experimentation suggests a fix will be manageable.Not sure how
> I missed it in testing, other than that I do not like testing. Thx for
> the report.

Not so manageable, since Apple decided to put an alt key on its keyboard
but not support it. True genius. Anyway, the alt-key combos are gone and
a mini math keypad lets one get at weird characters. Not a perfect
solution, just portable. Well, too tired to test much:

http://teamalgebra.com/

Time for logins so we can do missions and record user progress.

kt