From: Sherm Pendley on
Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Mind you, for you yobbos

You're just as obnoxious as the library haters you complain about.

*plonk*

sherm--

--
Sherm Pendley <www.shermpendley.com>
<www.camelbones.org>
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Sherm Pendley wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton <kentilton(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Mind you, for you yobbos
>
> You're just as obnoxious as the library haters you complain about.

Good lord, is David Mark the only one in here with a sense of humor?

If it makes you feel better the site does not work from my own computer
(tho it works from others I have lying around) and I serious broke
focus-handling with the last change I made before uploading. Now there's
a shock.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On Jul 6, 11:52 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Sherm Pendley wrote:
> > Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Mind you, for you yobbos
>
> > You're just as obnoxious as the library haters you complain about.
>
> Good lord, is David Mark the only one in here with a sense of humor?

Speak of the devil...

> If it makes you feel better the site does not work from my own computer
> (tho it works from others I have lying around) and I serious broke
> focus-handling with the last change I made before uploading. Now there's
> a shock.

* Kenny doesn't know anything about browser scripting, CSS, HTML or
anything else to do with "InterWeb programming" (and likely never
will).

* Kenny blames all of his problems on the people who warned him in
advance that he would have such problems (e.g. "library haters")

* Kenny now sees everybody as "library haters" because nobody can seem
to make his application work.

* Kenny inexplicably thinks his (appropriately labeled) "train wreck"
is an example of how well KooksDo "works".

* Kenny gets angry when bugs are reported and chastises reporters for
missing some imaginary "big picture" that is apparently only visible
to him.

* Kenny thinks that "advanced" libraries like KooksDo and Cujo are
going to replace HTML/CSS/JS because he's seen demos that look like
(very slow and unwieldy) desktop applications.

In short, Kenny is a clueless, fantasizing, disagreeable greenhorn
(not at all uncommon in the industry). Just ignore him and maybe he
will go away.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 10, 9:51 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> * Kenny thinks that "advanced" libraries like KooksDo and Cujo are
> going to replace HTML/CSS/JS because he's seen demos that look like
> (very slow and unwieldy) desktop applications.

And echoing earlier sentiments, I too find it bizarre that these RIA
frameworks, with the stated purpose of imitating desktop applications,
replace standard OS components (e.g. form controls) with incompetently
implemented blobs of HTML and CSS that "work" (minus a ton of the
built-in and free functionality) only in a handful of the latest
browsers (if that).

Typically these things are styled to look like the latest incarnations
of popular operating systems (e.g. Windows 7). Of course, the built-
in controls look (and work) exactly like the OS versions used by
desktop applications because they *are* the same ones used by desktop
applications. Windows 7 form controls look *exactly* like those found
in desktop applications running on Windows 7. Mac form controls look
just like those found in desktop applications running on a Mac. And
when Windows 8 comes out, the built-in browser controls will look and
work just like the controls found in Windows 8 desktop
applications. :)

So what could the developers of these frameworks be thinking? It's
the same old (outdated) control-freak notion that they must make
everything look exactly the same in every browser. That and they
can't stand the thought of form controls that "clash" with the rest of
their "themes". The fact that the end-users would be much happier
with form controls that look (and work) like the form controls found
in their desktop applications (the same ones these frameworks are
desperately trying to equal) seems to elude them.

And why would they copy Windows 7? Because it is there. You can bet
they'll be feverishly working on a "theme" to mimic Windows 8 when it
comes out. If only they would stop and think about what they are
doing and realize it is all a waste of time. :(
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon on
David Mark <dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Jul 6, 11:52�am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sherm Pendley wrote:

>> > You're just as obnoxious as the library haters you complain about.
>>
>> Good lord, is David Mark the only one in here with a sense of humor?
>
> Speak of the devil...
>

>> If it makes you feel better the site does not work from my own computer
>> (tho it works from others I have lying around) and I serious broke
>> focus-handling with the last change I made before uploading. Now there's
>> a shock.

> * Kenny doesn't know anything about browser scripting, CSS, HTML or
> anything else to do with "InterWeb programming" (and likely never
> will).
>
> * Kenny blames all of his problems on the people who warned him in
> advance that he would have such problems (e.g. "library haters")
>
> * Kenny now sees everybody as "library haters" because nobody can seem
> to make his application work.
>
> * Kenny inexplicably thinks his (appropriately labeled) "train wreck"
> is an example of how well KooksDo "works".
>
> * Kenny gets angry when bugs are reported and chastises reporters for
> missing some imaginary "big picture" that is apparently only visible
> to him.
>
> * Kenny thinks that "advanced" libraries like KooksDo and Cujo are
> going to replace HTML/CSS/JS because he's seen demos that look like
> (very slow and unwieldy) desktop applications.
>
> In short, Kenny is a clueless, fantasizing, disagreeable greenhorn
> (not at all uncommon in the industry). Just ignore him and maybe he
> will go away.

Yes, that's about the impression I got too, and what I try to do.
I don't see much interesting in his posts. :-(