From: Marc Girod on
On Jun 19, 1:09 pm, Clive <clive_l...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I look in
> /mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN/UUID library on the FreeNAS
> server, then “module” Tiny.pm IS in there

/mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN/UUID is a directory, not a
library.
The module Tiny.pm is there, but obviously this is not where it is
being looked for.

It is being looked for in the directory list specified as @INC.
For perl to find UUID::Tiny.pm, @INC should contain:
/mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN

Obviously, it does not.
So, the module may have been incorrectly installed (one answer you
already got).
You might install it correctly.
Or you might try to run your script with:

perl -I/mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN <your_script>

This might get you past the first error.

Marc
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth Clive <clive_long(a)yahoo.com>:
> {quote=

Please quote in a more standard manner.

> {quote=
> I dunno what that Tiny.pm might be, but it is not the one that is
> being looked for.
> It first looks for a *directory* named UUID under one of the
> listed @INC dirs, then it looks for a file named Tiny.pm
> inside of that UUID/ directory. }
>
> Yes, I understand.
> The INC statement has the following references
>
> [10-06-19 09:40:57.7131] main::init (400) Warning: Can't locate UUID/
> Tiny.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains:
> << Snipped lots of CPAN libraries >>
> /mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN
> /mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN
> << snip /usr/local libraries
> at /mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/slimserver.pl line 400.
>
> When I look in
> /mnt/freenasmount/Slimnas/squeezebox/CPAN/UUID library on the FreeNAS
> server, then 'module' Tiny.pm IS in there - so why isn't it being
> found and loaded? (I'm not sure if 'found' 'Loaded' are the correct
> Perl terms)

Is there a permissions issue of some sort?

Ben