From: geoff on
I've ordered from Newegg for over 5 years and never had to return anything.
Several months ago, I ordered an HIS video card and had to return it, it
didn't work. Recently, I ordered an AMD Phenom II which had no certificate
of authenticity.

I posted a review for the motherboard I got and did not write anything
radical. I did say I thought the boot time was slow and clear the cmos
before before booting.

Newegg decided not to post the review. I mentioned before here that Newegg
is #1 but people/managers change and that can affect service.

Given that the level of service/quality has dropped, I assume new managers
are there now.

--g

From: RayLopez99 on
On Aug 13, 10:17 am, "geoff" <nos...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> I've ordered from Newegg for over 5 years and never had to return anything.
> Several months ago, I ordered an HIS video card and had to return it, it
> didn't work.  Recently, I ordered an AMD Phenom II which had no certificate
> of authenticity.
>
> I posted a review for the motherboard I got and did not write anything
> radical.  I did say I thought the boot time was slow and clear the cmos
> before before booting.
>
> Newegg decided not to post the review.  I mentioned before here that Newegg
> is #1 but people/managers change and that can affect service.
>
> Given that the level of service/quality has dropped, I assume new managers
> are there now.
>
> --g

good detective work. Newegg is out then.

Also watch out, now that PC chips are starting to "compress" in
performance advantage (meaning, for example, Intel i3 chips are
roughly the same as i5 and i7 in performance, for most users) the scam
where on eBay you get a vendor offering a i7 chip at a much higher
price than an i3, and people rushing to buy it since it's a higher
number.

RL
From: Rick on
On 8/13/2010 2:17 AM, geoff wrote:
> I've ordered from Newegg for over 5 years and never had to return anything.
> Several months ago, I ordered an HIS video card and had to return it, it
> didn't work. Recently, I ordered an AMD Phenom II which had no certificate
> of authenticity.
>
> I posted a review for the motherboard I got and did not write anything
> radical. I did say I thought the boot time was slow and clear the cmos
> before before booting.
>
> Newegg decided not to post the review. I mentioned before here that Newegg
> is #1 but people/managers change and that can affect service.
>
> Given that the level of service/quality has dropped, I assume new managers
> are there now.
>
> --g

I have bought a lot of hardware from Newegg and never had a problem, I
am sure that if one buys enough stuff from one vendor a defective piece
may turn up once in a while. I plan to continue purchases there until I
have a problem. It is strange that they did not post your comment, i
would certainly ask them about that.

--

Rick Holbrook
Fargo, ND

Remember the USS Liberty
http://www.ussliberty.org/

Reply to: fholbrook(at)cableone.net

From: geoff on
> It is strange that they did not post your comment, i would certainly ask
> them about that.

If it is some manager's decision not to post the comment then I do not feel
the urge to probe them. They did post my other comments but in those
reviews, I said I liked the product.

To my mind, it is worth noting that they appear to be filtering reviews now.
How much they do that or if it gets worse remains to be seen.

--g

From: VanguardLH on
geoff wrote:

> I've ordered from Newegg for over 5 years and never had to return anything.
> Several months ago, I ordered an HIS video card and had to return it, it
> didn't work. Recently, I ordered an AMD Phenom II which had no certificate
> of authenticity.
>
> I posted a review for the motherboard I got and did not write anything
> radical. I did say I thought the boot time was slow and clear the cmos
> before before booting.
>
> Newegg decided not to post the review. I mentioned before here that Newegg
> is #1 but people/managers change and that can affect service.
>
> Given that the level of service/quality has dropped, I assume new managers
> are there now.
>
> --g

So your measure of their service level and quality is that a post you
wanted to submit against a particular product didn't happen to show up.
Uh huh.

And like we're supposed to know how long you waited to see if your post
showed up there since they all get reviewed before acceptance.
Maybe the reviewer took a vacation, got fired, found a better job, or
died and Newegg didn't cover his duties in his absence.