From: Anonymous on
In article <i1n3hr$s5t$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Kerry Liles <kerry.removethisandoneperiod.liles(a)gmail.com> wrote:
><docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:i1lj5t$13d$3(a)reader1.panix.com...
>> In article <8a70l2Fn6aU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
>> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

>>>Er... doesn't EXIT PERFORM serve that function? :-)
>>
>> It might were a THROUGH coded, Mr Dashwood... but e'er-so-many folks
>> consider that anathema.
>
>Might be interesting if, upon encountering an EXIT PERFORM, the compiler
>would just {exit the perform} - regardless of how the PERFORM was invoked...
>remarkably like English, eh wot?

In the context of a 'RETURN FROM'... let's see, an inline PERFORM so
EXITed would continue with the first executable statement following the
PERFORM; despite the ease with which examples could be constructed
otherwise it would most likely be the next physically sequential
statement.

For a PERFORMed paragraph, though, there's the wee bit of bother about
'which PERFORM in the program invoked execution of this code'... and it
hasn't gotten any easier since Lazy Programmers decided to take advantage
of technological advances and code backwards-referring PERFORMs... an'
don't git me started on what them kids're callin' 'music' nowadays,
neither!

DD