From: Observant One on
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:40:40 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m(a)ny.more> wrote:

>In article <ha51n591hb9r2hh5pil1vtkih3fvu3k5vr(a)4ax.com>,
> Observant One <oo(a)hmmm.org> wrote:
>
>> Shot through a few panes of glass or something?
>

>That and the heat coming out of the house.

Why was there heat coming out of the house? Shooting through an open
window? If so, then you can't blame the glass. If it was closed then you
can't blame the heat. Which is it?

The little bit of radiant heat leaving through a closed window will hardly
be the cause of any air turbulence enough to cause that much blur. But as
previously stated, it's not that kind of blur. It's mostly DOF blur. That
wonderful bokeh that everyone prides their DSLRs in creating for them. A
shame when the subjects you want in focus happen to be in that bokeh too.
You got what you paid for. Right?

From: DanP on
On Feb 9, 1:57 am, Observant One <o...(a)hmmm.org> wrote:

> Why was there heat coming out of the house? Shooting through an open

Same P&S troll.

DanP
From: M-M on
In article
<ae5ce680-86f8-4963-9d1e-ea518e7d485d(a)a5g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > One that can't even stand
> > > up to being published at 968x648 pixels, which means it can't even be
> > > printed at 3-4 inches in size horizontally.
> >
> > It looks very nice hanging in my office at 8.5" x 11"
> >
> > --
> > m-mhttp://www.mhmyers.com
>
> That is 88 dpi, more than what computer monitors have.

Re: http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_21427w.jpg

The image posted was reduced to 25% of original and is not cropped, so
full-scale it printed at 300 dpi.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: George Kerby on

On 2/8/10 5:00 PM, in article ha51n591hb9r2hh5pil1vtkih3fvu3k5vr(a)4ax.com,
"Observant One" <oo(a)hmmm.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:14:53 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m(a)ny.more> wrote:

>>> Being a native Houstonian, I never realized the soft reflectivity factor of
>>> snow, since it is so rare here. I assume that is what is providing the light
>>> on the birds' bellies. Very interesting.
>>
>> That, but a little Photoshop helped also :)
>>
>> Interesting also that when you take a photo of snow on a sunny day, it
>> comes out blue- reflecting the sky.
>
> When
> I'm shooting wildlife I have to make sure I have a useful image when I get
> back home.

We ALL wish that you would "get back home".

Another day, another sock...

From: M-M on
In article
<ae5ce680-86f8-4963-9d1e-ea518e7d485d(a)a5g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> The P&S troll claims he had taken thousands of good pictures, yet he
> has no website to show his portofolio.
> He has showed once a bird on a plastic box, no crop.
>
> He has shown he cannot calculate DOF.
>
> Therefore I doubt he ever prints his photos.

My office is filled with prints of my photos. Here are some of the walls:

http://www.mhmyers.com/walls/prints.html

The print of the photo that is the topic of this thread is in there.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com