From: ColTom2 on
Hi:

Just recently for no known reasons I have lost all sound capabilities on
my Toshiba 1135-S155 laptop. Running Win XP Home Edition SP3 with Avance
AC97 audio.

It's not muted and I have all volume turned up.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

ColTom2

From: R. McCarty on
Does the sound card appear in Device Manager & is not grayed out ?

Sometimes Microsoft Update will offer sound card drivers that aren't
correct for your hardware. If that has happened you can usually roll
back the driver to a previous version to resolve it. Then run a custom
scan of Microsoft Update and hide any sound card driver listings from
being offered.

From: ColTom2 on
Hi:

No everything in Device Manager is normal and indicating everything
working properly. I haven't done anything that would have affected Audio
driver that I know about.

Just out of the blue no sound.

Thanks,

ColTom2

From: John E. Carty on
Have you tried uninstalling the Sound Controller in Device Manager and then
rebooting the machine to let Windows reinstall it?

From: L.p on
It's a problem with SP3. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 with XP Media
Center 2002 and when I installed SP3 I got BSOD. I paid quite a bit to
recover my data and bought a larger HD. When I reinstalled everything,
including SP3, I lost sound on my Realtek High Def. Then the blue screens
began..so I uninstalled SP3 and everything was back to normal i.e. sound came
back and blue screens stopped. I've no idea what to do now:(

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> Does the sound card appear in Device Manager & is not grayed out ?
>
> Sometimes Microsoft Update will offer sound card drivers that aren't
> correct for your hardware. If that has happened you can usually roll
> back the driver to a previous version to resolve it. Then run a custom
> scan of Microsoft Update and hide any sound card driver listings from
> being offered.
>
> "ColTom2" <noemailaddress(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > Just recently for no known reasons I have lost all sound capabilities on
> > my Toshiba 1135-S155 laptop. Running Win XP Home Edition SP3 with Avance
> > AC97 audio.
> >
> > It's not muted and I have all volume turned up.
> >
> > Any help will be most appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > ColTom2
> >

> .